- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
Ibanez has historically offered acoustic instruments that electric guitarists would find inviting and easy to play. Altstar models are the perfect option for the aspiring electric player with a drive to explore the world of acoustic guitars. The Altstar series features a compact dreadnought body, 15.7" fingerboard radius, tighter string spacing and 25.5" scale neck, all designed to offer electric guitarists a seamless transition to acoustic playing.
The single-cut Altstar also features a neck joint at the 16th fret, rather than the 12th fret, affording unparalleled upper fret access. Whether you're just looking to delve into the world of acoustic guitars, or you are seeking a quieter practice option while maintaining an electric guitar feel, this is your axe!
- This Guitar Does Not Come with a Case
- Maple neck - The Maple neck provides stability and bright tonal character.
- Walnut fretboard - A Walnut fretboard features a well-balanced tonal character from low to high end.
- Sapele top - The Sapele top delivers a warm, full tone.
- Sapele back and sides - Sapele back and sides offer a full-bodied and warm mid-range and a bright tone.
- Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle pickup - The Ibanez T-bar Undersaddle pickup accurately translates that full sound to whatever amplification system you plug it into.
- Ibanez AEQ-2UT preamp w/Onboard tuner - The AEQ-2UT preamp features a convenient onboard tuner.
- Walnut bridge - The Walnut bridge transfers string vibration directly to the body, delivering a natural and warm tone.
- Ibanez Advantage™ bridge pins - These pins really are an advantage over old-fashioned pins. Advantage™ pins are easier to take out and easier to put in than standard pins. A special bulb-shaped end makes the pin easy to grip and also prevents the pin from being pushed in too far. Best of all, with Advantage™ the pin and string stay put.
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.