- Classical Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
Meet the Maple, a beautiful crossover guitar that features a solid European spruce top and flamed maple back and sides for a bright, snappy tone and sweetly pronounced high end. Other than its strikingly beautiful back, the 12/14 Maple's main feature is its slim steel-string feeling neck (48mm nut width) and radiused fingerboard. Available with 12 or 14 frets to the body, the Maple is ready for the stage with its Fishman Presys Blend preamp.
The 14 Maple belongs to Córdoba’s Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover/hybrid nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players prefer. Tonally, the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional “classical” nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns.
12 vs 14 Frets
The 12 fret model more closely resembles a traditional classical guitar, and allows the bridge to sit a bit further back on the soundboard, where resonance is optimized for a large sound with long sustain. The 14 fret model has a more familiar upper register for steel string players. The bridge is shifted slightly forward from the center of the soundboard, increasing ease of playability for the steel string or electric player. More frets are exposed, creating an easier territory for soloing.
All Fusion guitars feature Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players want.
- Family: Cutaway & Electric
- Build: Crossover
- Construction: Solid Top
- Body Top: Solid European Spruce
- Top Bracing Pattern: Fan
- Soundhole Diameter: 84mm (3 1/3")
- Rosette: Maple and Black Rings
- Top Purfling Inlay: 6-ply Maple and Black
- Top Binding: Pau Ferro
- Side Purfling Inlay: 3-ply Maple and Black
- Back and Sides Wood: Flamed Maple
- Back Purfling Inlay: 3-Ply Maple and Black
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 640mm (25.2")
- Neck Shape: Crossover C Shape
- Nut Width: 48mm (1 7/8")
- Neck Thickness 1st Fret: 21mm
- Neck Thickness 9th Fret: 24mm
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Wrench: 4mm Allen Key
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Frets Total: 19
- Color: Natural (NAT)
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Bridge Material: Pau Ferro
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Nut Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver with Black Buttons
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Blend
- Strings: Savarez Alliance /Cantiga High Tension 510AJ
- Upper Bout Width: 279mm (11")
- Lower Bout Width: 368mm (14 1/2")
- Body Depth Upper Bout: 95mm (3 3/4")
- Body Depth Lower Bout: 100mm (4")
- Body Length: 483mm (19")
- Overall Length: 978mm (38 1/2")
- Country of Origin: China
Recommended accessories, sold separately:
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.