- Classical Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
The 12 Natural is Cordoba's entry-level crossover guitar featuring a comfortable, slim steel-string style neck (48mm nut width) with radiused fingerboard. Choose from a solid Canadian cedar top or European spruce top paired with mahogany back and sides. As the name suggests, the 12 Natural has 12 frets to the body, allowing the bridge to sit further back on the soundboard, where resonance is optimized for a large sound with long sustain. Thoughtful finishing touches such as a hand inlaid wooden rosette, 3 ply maple and ebony top purfling, and high gloss polyurethane finish makes this Fusion model both beautiful and practical.
Plug in and play with the built in Fishman Presys preamp. The 12 Natural belongs to Córdoba’s Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover/hybrid nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions combined with a <a href="https://www.cordobaguitars.com/live-play-learn/radiused-fingerboards/">radiused fingerboard</a> give the Fusion series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players prefer. Tonally, the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional “classical” nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns.
- Family: Cutaway & Electric
- Build: Crossover
- Construction: Solid Top
- Body Top: Solid Western Red Cedar
- Top Bracing Pattern: Fan
- Soundhole Diameter: 84mm (3 1/3")
- Rosette: Maple and Black Rings
- Top Purfling Inlay: 6-ply Maple and Black
- Top Binding: Pau Ferro
- Back and Sides Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Scale Length: 648mm (25 1/2")
- Neck Shape: Crossover C Shape
- Nut Width: 48mm (1 7/8")
- Neck Thickness 1st Fret: 21mm
- Neck Thickness 9th Fret: 24mm
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Truss Rod Wrench: 4mm Allen Key
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Frets Total: 19
- Color: Natural (NAT)
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Bridge Material: Pau Ferro or Rosewood (dependent on production date)
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Nut Material: Bone
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Gold with Black Buttons
- Electronics: Fishman Presys
- Strings: Savarez Alliance /Cantiga High Tension 510AJ
- Upper Bout Width: 279mm (11")
- Lower Bout Width: 368mm (14 1/2")
- Body Depth Upper Bout: 85mm (3 1/3")
- Body Depth Lower Bout: 95mm (3 3/4")
- Body Length: 483mm (19")
- Overall Length: 978mm (38 1/2")
- Country of Origin: China
Recommended accessories, sold separately:
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.