- Inspection and Set-up
- Humidity Care
*These are stock photos. Actual color and pattern may vary.
At the intersection of time-honored acoustic guitar craft and relentless innovation, Highway Series™ instruments transport players to a new era of performance in a way that only Fender® can. Merging a thin, ergonomic form factor and a groundbreaking Fishman® Fluence® Acoustic Pickup system designed around a revolutionary bracing structure, Highway Series guitars exhibit the tactile charm and unplugged resonance of acoustics twice their size, adding unmatched on-lap comfort for a truly unique acoustic experience.
Crafted with either a solid Sitka spruce or genuine Mahogany top inlaid into a fully chambered Mahogany body, Highway Series guitars are engineered with a proprietary internal architecture including a tapered floating X bracing pattern and inventive thinline design, producing remarkable resonance and dynamic, organic tone. With fidelity and performance at its core, the Fishman Fluence Acoustic Pickup system incorporates an elegantly curved magnetic Fluence® Core™ pickup with innovative all-analog technology to deliver pure and truly musical amplified tone with astonishing sonic realism, clarity and feedback resistance.
The Fender Highway Series represents not a revision, but a re-imagining of the acoustic experience, inviting players to throw away the map and get lost on the open road of creativity.
REVOLUTIONARY ACOUSTIC BODY CONSTRUCTION
Representing a new evolution of modern performance acoustic guitar design, the body of the Highway series leverages Fender’s most advanced construction techniques including a floating “X” bracing pattern, inlaid solid top, and a unique 2.25“ thick chambered body for a a perfect harmony of comfort, resonance, and tonal quality.
FISHMAN FLUENCE ACOUSTIC ELECTRONICS
With a patent-pending curved form factor and all-analog electronics, the Fishman Fluence Acoustic pickup is the soul of the Highway Series. From its integrated mounting system to the unique internal architecture of the guitar every aspect of the guitar and pickup were innovated in tandem to provide pristine sonic clarity, responsiveness, and dynamic range all in a whisper-quiet noiseless design.
Designed in collaboration between Fender and our partners at Fishman, the Highway Series features intuitive controls for volume and contour, which pans between two different EQ settings giving the player unique tonal control without coloring the natural acoustic sound of the instrument.
MADE IN MEXICO
All Highway Series instruments are crafted at our state-of-the-art acoustic guitar manufacturing facility in Ensenada, Mexico.
ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD AND BRIDGE
With its pleasingly dark look, smooth tactile feel and rich tonal character, Rosewood is a premium hardwood for acoustic guitar bridges and fingerboards.
DELUXE GIG BAG
With comfortable padded backpack straps, durable outer material, and multiple pockets, the included deluxe gig bag provides the perfect balance of ample storage, road-worthy protection, and portability.
- Ergonomically contoured body, 2.25" depth
- Solid Sitka spruce or mahogany top, fully-chambered thinline mahogany body
- Bolt-on mahogany neck with Indian rosewood fingerboard
- Proprietary Fishman® Fluence® Acoustic analog electronics
- Innovative body design and bracing architecture
- Deluxe Gig Bag (Included)
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: MX
- HEADSTOCK: 6-in-Line Highway
- NECK MATERIAL: Mahogany
- NECK FINISH: Satin Urethane
- NECK SHAPE: "C" Shape
- NECK CONSTRUCTION: Bolt-On
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 12" (305 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Rosewood
- POSITION INLAYS: White Dot
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 20
- TRUSS ROD: Head Adjust
- TRUSS ROD NUT: 1/8" Hex Adjustment
- STRING NUT: Graph Tech® TUSQ®
- NUT WIDTH: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL: Graph Tech® TUSQ®
- BODY: Solid Mahogany Top with Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
- BODY FINISH: Polyester Satin Matte
- BODY SHAPE: Dreadnought
- BODY TOP: Solid Sitka Spruce
- BODY BACK: Chambered Mahogany
- BODY SIDES: Chambered Mahogany
- BODY MATERIAL: Solid Mahogany Top with Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
- BRACING: Tapered Floating X
- ROSETTE: Checkerboard
- PURFLING: Checkerboard
- BRIDGE: Modern Viking
- BRIDGE PINS: White
- PICKGUARD: None
- HARDWARE FINISH: Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Fender® ClassicGear™
- STRINGS: Fender® Dura-Tone® 860CL Coated Phosphor Bronze (.011-.052 Gauges), PN: 0730860405
- STRAP BUTTONS: Vintage-Style
- CONTROLS: Volume, Contour
- SPECIAL ELECTRONICS: Fishman® Fluence® Acoustic Pickup
- DIMENSIONS: 7.00x17.40x46.20 IN
- SHIPPING WEIGHT: 15.95 LB
- BODY DEPTH: 2.25" (57 mm)
- FRET SIZE: Narrow Tall
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- TRUSS ROD WRENCH: 1/8" Hex (Allen)
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.
Acoustic guitars and ukulele are made of wood, and wood is sensitive to changes in climate. Shifts in temperature or relative humidity can affect your instrument in multiple ways, some of which can lead to costly repairs if you’re not careful. Solid woods in particular are especially prone to the effects of climate fluctuation. For example, extended exposure to low relative humidity (below 40% RH) can dry out the wood, causing it to shrink and run the risk of cracking. Similarly, excessive humidity can cause the wood to absorb moisture and swell, potentially causing other problems. Without adequate humidity control (especially in drier local climates), acoustic instruments can crack and their necks can warp, causing problems with fretting, intonation and playability.
So how do you prevent this kind of damage? Easy: by keeping your guitars and ukulele properly humidified (ideally between 40-60% RH). The easiest way to do this is by storing your instruments in a case with a case two-way humidifier inside. A two-way humidifier will slowly absorb or release moisture inside your case, maintaining humidity to help ensure your instrument doesn’t suffer damage. Using a digital hygrometer can help you monitor humidity levels around your instrument.
Symptoms of a dry acoustic instrument:
- Low action. Strings are very close to the fretboard.
- Hump on the fretboard where the neck joins the body.
- Sunken top across the soundboard between bridge and fingerboard.
- The back of instrument looks very flat when it is dried out.
- Sharp fret ends extend beyond the edge of the fretboard.
- The plane of the neck angle on a dry instrument hits above the top of the bridge.
Symptoms of a wet acoustic instrument:
- High action. Strings that are unusually high off the fretboard, making it difficult to play.
- Unusually swollen top
- Unusual warp on the top, back or both at the end-block
- Improper neck angle. Sighting the neck to the bridge, the frets will appear to hit below the bridge.
Using patented technology, the D’Addario Two-Way Humidification System features disposable, moisture-filled packets with a breathable membrane that provides two-way humidity control, meaning it can either release or absorb moisture to consistently maintain a predetermined relative humidity (RH) level of 45-50 percent.
Music Nomad the leader in equipment care products, has developed an easy to use, no mess, and low maintenance Ukulele humidifier. The Humilele rests securely on top of the strings to safely and evenly hydrate your Ukulele to avoid these problems.
Final Notes on Humidity Control
To monitor the amount of humidity your instrument is receiving, we recommend the purchase of a digital hygrometer, a device that gauges and provides a read-out of humidity levels. It can be kept in the room where you store your instruments, or, better yet, in a central location inside the instrument case, preferably Velcro’d to the outside of the accessories compartment (facing the heel). The optimal range for your guitars and ukulele is 45-55% RH.