- Bass Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The late 50s to the early 60s was a watershed period in the development of the Precision Bass®, a time of transition that would see the introduction of many new appointments that would become synonymous with the P-Bass®. By 1960, the design of the P-bass had eclipsed the earlier cues culled from the Telecaster® - now the P-bass had a Strat®-style headstock shape, comfort-contours, pickguard mounted electronics and 4-saddle bridge. Adorned in 3-Color Sunburst and topped with a 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard, the 1960 Precision Bass represented a more refined, enduring aesthetic for the model.
Featuring a premium alder body, Pure Vintage 60 Split-Coil P-Bass pickup and a substantial “C— shape hard rock maple neck mated with a 7.25— radius slab rosewood fingerboard, the American Vintage II 1960 Precision Bass reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- CASE/GIG BAG: Vintage-Style Brown (Orange Interior)
- SERIES American Vintage II
- ORIENTATION Right-Hand
- COLOR Daphne Blue
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN US
- HEADSTOCK Precision Bass®
- NECK MATERIAL Maple
- NECK FINISH Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- NECK SHAPE 1960 "C"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION 4-Bolt
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL Slab Rosewood
- POSITION INLAYS Clay Dot
- SIDE DOTS Vintage Clay
- NUMBER OF FRETS 20
- TRUSS ROD Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- TRUSS ROD NUT Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- STRING NUT Bone
- NUT WIDTH 1.70" (43.2 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL Bone
- BODY Alder
- BODY FINISH Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- BODY SHAPE Precision Bass®
- BODY MATERIAL Alder
- BRIDGE Pure Vintage 4-Saddle with Threaded Steel Saddles
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE MOUNTING 5-Screw Vintage-Style
- PICKGUARD 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- PICKUP COVERS Black
- CONTROL KNOBS Knurled Flat-Top
- HARDWARE FINISH Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- STRING TREES Vintage-Style Disc
- STRINGS Fender® USA 7250M Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- NECK PLATE 4-Bolt Serialized
- STRAP BUTTONS Vintage-Style
- MIDDLE PICKUP Pure Vintage '60 Split-Coil Precision®
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION Split Single-Coil
- CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone
- SWITCHING None
- STYLE 1 Single-Coil
- DIMENSIONS 6.00x18.00x51.50 IN
- SHIPPING WEIGHT 25.25 LB
- FRET SIZE Vintage Tall
- SCALE LENGTH 34" (86.36 cm)
- SHIPPING LENGTH 51.50 IN
- SHIPPING HEIGHT 6.00 IN
- SHIPPING WIDTH 18.00 IN
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.