- Electric Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
An icon of alternative rock, J Mascis’ penchant for running Fender® guitars into stacks of amps to create massive fuzzy riffs, incendiary leads and huge hooks have made his work in Dinosaur Jr. and on solo records an indispensable part of rock history, influencing countless artists to follow.
The J Mascis Telecaster® recreates J’s favorite guitar, an original 1958 top-loader Tele®, with which he recorded most of his lead work throughout his career. Features include a Dazzling Bottle Rocket Blue Flake finish, mirrored chrome pickguard, custom J Mascis Telecaster pickups, top-loader bridge and Road Worn® maple neck and hardware.
- Color Bottle Rocket Blue Flake
- Country Of Origin MX
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Series Artist
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Neck Construction 4-Bolt
- Neck Finish Road Worn® Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Shape "C" Shape
- Number of Frets 21
- Nut Material Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Side Dots Black
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Body Alder
- Body Finish Gloss Polyester
- Body Material Alder
- Body Shape Telecaster®
- Bridge 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Topload Tele® with Barrel Brass Saddles
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt
- Pickguard 1-Ply Mirrored Chrome
- Pickup Covers Neck: Chrome; Bridge: Black
- Strap Buttons Vintage-Style
- Strings Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Switch Tip Black
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup J Mascis Custom ’58 Tele® Single-Coil
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Neck Pickup J Mascis Custom ’58 Tele® Single-Coil
- Pickup Configuration SS
- Switching 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (Out of Phase), Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Dimensions 4.40x15.10x42.20 IN
- Fret Size Jumbo
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Shipping Height 4.40 IN
- Shipping Length 42.20 IN
- Shipping Weight 10.35 LB
- Shipping Width 15.10 IN
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.