- Electric Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
Having performed on countless albums across four decades â€“ Michael Landau is undoubtedly one of the most recorded guitarists of all time. An L.A. session ace and a playerâ€™s player, Landauâ€™s soulful, dynamic and endlessly creative playing has allowed him to remain in-demand across eras and genres, firmly establishing his legacy as an icon of the electric guitar. Mikeâ€™s guitar has graced records by Pink Floyd, James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, Michael Jackson, B.B. King, Rod Stewart, Mile Davis, Boz Scaggs, Tim McGraw, Bonnie Raitt and many more. Throughout his career, Michaelâ€™s constant companion, workhorse, canvas and muse has been a 1959 StratocasterÂ® affectionately called â€œComa.â€Â
Michael found the Coma at a local L.A. guitar shop when he was 16. The refinished body and swapped-out pickups gave him all the permission he needed to customize the instrument throughout his career to match his evolving style. The distinctive Coma Red finish and permanent marker â€œComaâ€ graphic make it unmistakable, and the guitar has had several different incarnations over the years, hosting a wide variety of pickups, electronics, hardware configurations and bridges.
The version of Coma recreated in the FenderÂ® Stories collection represents the guitar as it exists now. Electronics include custom-designed ML Ultra Noiseless StratÂ® neck-and-middle pickups and a custom Wide Range humbucking pickup in the bridge position. Hardware includes a 6-screw vintage-style Stratocaster tremolo with a cold-rolled steel block, a custom ML-spec neck, Fender ClassicGearâ„¢ tuning machines and the signature faded red satin lacquer body complete with a Floyd RoseÂ® route. The Michael Landau Coma Stratocaster wears its rich history on full display, truly representing a vital artist thatâ€™s always in transition. Included in the custom Coma-embroidered hardshell case are a â€œComaâ€ sticker set, custom strap and a Coma booklet written by Michael himself.
â€˜59 ALDER BODY WITH COMA FADED RED LACQUER FINISH
A classic Fender tonewood known for punch and clarity, this alder body features a faded red lacquer finish replicating Michaelâ€™s Coma Stratocaster.
MICHAEL LANDAU SIGNATURE PICKUPS
Michaelâ€™s signature pickup set includes a custom-voiced Wide-Range CuNiFe humbucking bridge pickup combined with custom-voiced Ultra Noiseless single-coil pickups delivering sparkling highs, punchy midrange, and full lows to flawlessly re-create Michaelâ€™s legendary hot-rodded Stratocaster tones.
CUSTOM â€œCâ€ SHAPED MAPLE NECK WITH SLAB ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD
The Michael Landau Stratocaster features a maple neck with slab rosewood fingerboard, a time-tested Fender tonewood formula that produces clear, spanky fundamentals with warm, smooth highs.
7.25â€ RADIUS WITH NARROW TALL FRETS
The vintage-accurate 7.25â€ fingerboard radius provides vintage comfort and playability with slightly more height than vintage for big bends and wide vibrato.
CLASSICGEARâ„¢ TUNERS AND VINTAGE-STYLE SYNCHRONIZED TREMOLO
Our ClassicGearâ„¢ tuning machines combine vintage looks with a modern 18:1 gear ratio for smooth, precise performance and the vintage-style synchronized tremolo features bent steel saddles and a cold rolled steel block for the purest Fender tone and performance.
CUSTOM NECK PLATE WITH COMA ARTWORK
The Custom Neck plate immortalizes the Comaâ€™s now iconic hand-sharpied artwork.
- â€™59 Alder Body with Coma Red Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Custom ML Ultra Noiseless StratÂ® and Custom ML CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucker
- Custom "C" neck shape
- 7.25â€ Radius Slab Rosewood Fingerboard
- 4-Bolt Neck Plate with Custom Coma Artwork, Serialized
- Body Material:Â Alder
- Body Finish:Â Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape:Â StratocasterÂ®
- Neck Material:Â Maple
- Neck Construction:Â 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish:Â Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish with Gloss Headstock Face
- Neck Shape:Â Custom "C"
- Scale Length:Â 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Material:Â Slab Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius:Â 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets:Â 21
- Fret Size:Â Narrow Tall
- Nut Material:Â Bone
- Nut Width:Â 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays:Â White Pearloid Dot - 7mm
- Side Dots:Â White Pearloid
- Truss Rod:Â Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut:Â Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Bridge Pickup:Â Custom ML CuNiFeÂ® Wide-Range Humbucker
- Middle Pickup:Â Custom ML Ultra Noiselessâ„¢ Single-Coil StratÂ®
- Neck Pickup:Â Custom ML Ultra Noiselessâ„¢ Single-Coil StratÂ®
- Controls:Â Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching:Â 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration:Â HSS
- Bridge:Â 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish:Â Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines:Â FenderÂ® ClassicGearâ„¢
- Pickguard:Â 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs:Â Black StratocasterÂ®-Style Skirt
- Switch Tip:Â Aged White
- Neck Plate:Â 4-Bolt with Custom Coma Artwork, Serialized
- Strings:Â FenderÂ® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Legal Notice:Â WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig Bag:Â Vintage-Style Navy Blue with Brown Ends (Gold Interior with Coma Embroidery)
- Included Accessories:Â Coma booklet written by Michael himself, â€œComaâ€ sticker set, custom strap, "Coma" pick tin with limited-edition picks and a roll of PTFE tape.
- Electric Guitar Bags and Cases*
- Electric Guitar Strings
- Electric Guitar Cleaning and Maintenance
- Guitar Tuners
- Electric Guitar Stands and Wall Hangars
*Not all bags and cases fit all guitars. If you aren't sure, please check with us at the store. Admin@easymusiccenter.com or call 808-591-0999.
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.