- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
Recognized for his incredible funk chops and inventive lead work, guitarist, producer, and arranger Cory Wong™s soulful playing with Vulfpeck, as well as his Grammy-nominated solo work have earned him a loyal following and led to sold-out arena performances. The Cory Wong Stratocaster® is a tribute to Cory™s favorite Fender®, thoughtfully modified to meet the funk master™s needs. With limited quantities available in each color, this exclusive guitar is sure to set you apart from the crowd.
The satin lacquer finish recreates the look and feel of Cory™s beloved original Strat®, while the scaled-down alder body “ slightly smaller than a typical Stratocaster “ combined with American Ultra„¢ Modern œD� neck and sculpted body contours deliver a sublimely comfortable playing experience. A set of Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine„¢ pickups provides classic Strat quack and chime, fine-tuned to achieve his distinctive tone.
Other features include a maple neck with subtly modified headstock shape, rosewood fingerboard with rolled edges and a compound 10-14� radius, vintage-style 6-screw synchronized Tremolo, deluxe locking tuners that provide improved tuning stability and easy string changes, and a push/push pot on Tone 2 that bypasses the 5-way switch and defaults to "Position 4". Also included are a Cory Wong hair tie (for muting the tremolo springs to achieve Cory™s rhythm tone), rubber straplock washer set and custom neck plate.
LIMITED SURF GREEN AND DAPHNE BLUE SATIN LACQUER FINISHES
Stunningly beautiful, Surf Green and Daphne Blue satin lacquer finishes allow the wood to breathe and will wear in beautifully.
SEYMOUR DUNCAN CORY WONG CLEAN MACHINE„¢ PICKUPS
Fine-tuned to achieve Cory™s unique tones, this signature Seymour Duncan set “ featuring two single-coils and a stack bridge pickup “ delivers classic Strat chime and singing lead sounds.
AMERICAN ULTRA NECK PROFILE AND BODY CONTOURS
The American Ultra Modern œD� neck profile and comfort contours deliver exceptional playability and easy access to the highest frets.
MODIFIED STRAT® BODY AND HEADSTOCK
Built to Cory™s specifications, the slightly smaller body and larger headstock creates a subtle but unique profile that makes this Strat® unmistakable.
VINTAGE-STYLE 6-SCREW SYNCHRONIZED TREMOLO
Arguably one of Fender™s most innovative designs, the six-screw synchronized tremolo delivers everything from subtle vibrato to deep dive-bombs and everything in-between.
DELUXE CAST/SEALED LOCKING TUNERS
Locking tuners make string changes quick and easy, while improving tuning stability.
- Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine„¢ pickups
- American Ultra Modern œD� Neck profile and body contours
- Modified Strat® body and headstock
- Vintage-style 6-screw tremolo and deluxe locking tuners
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "D"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Side Dots: White
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine Custom Stack Plus„¢
- Middle Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine„¢ Single Coil
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine„¢ Single Coil
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SSS
- Auxillary Switching: Push/Push on Tone 2 Bypasses 5-Way Switch and Defaults to Position 4
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (all short posts)
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Switch Tip: White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Legal Notice: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Molded Case (Included)
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.