- Electric Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
Just one year after launching the Broadcaster®, Fender received a cease-and-desist telegram from the Fred Gretsch Mfg. Co. and was faced with renaming its flagship electric guitar. Taking inspiration from the booming growth and expansive reach of television, the first blackguard Telecaster rolled off the line in 1951, and the model has been in continuous production ever since. Deceptively simple and totally groundbreaking, the Telecaster® brought the solid body electric guitar to the masses, inspiring countless musicians along the way.
The American Vintage II 1951 Telecaster features an ash body finished in Butterscotch Blonde to capture the tone and look of the original. The substantial 51 “U—-shaped hard rock maple neck plays like a dream with a 7.25— radius fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Characteristic of production in 1951, 12th fret face-dot spacing is narrow and the sole Phillips-head fastener on the guitar is at the truss rod nut. The triple brass saddle bridge, single-line “Fender Deluxe— tuners and Pure Vintage '51 Telecaster pickups deliver classic twang and authentic Fender style.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- CASE/GIG BAG: Vintage-Style Tweed (Crushed Red Interior)
- SERIES American Vintage II
- ORIENTATION Right-Hand
- COLOR Butterscotch Blonde
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN US
- HEADSTOCK Telecaster®
- NECK MATERIAL 1-Piece Maple
- NECK FINISH Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- NECK SHAPE 1951 "U"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION 4-Bolt
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL Maple
- POSITION INLAYS Black Dot
- SIDE DOTS Black
- NUMBER OF FRETS 21
- TRUSS ROD Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- TRUSS ROD NUT Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- STRING NUT Bone
- NUT WIDTH 1.650" (42 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL Bone
- BODY Ash
- BODY FINISH Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- BODY SHAPE Telecaster®
- BODY MATERIAL Ash
- BRIDGE Pure Vintage 3-Saddle Tele® with Brass Barrel Saddles, Serialized
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE MOUNTING 4-Screw Vintage-Style
- PICKGUARD 1-Ply Black Phenolic
- PICKUP COVERS Neck: Chrome; Bridge: Black
- CONTROL KNOBS Knurled Dome
- SWITCH TIP Barrel Style, Black
- HARDWARE FINISH Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- STRING TREES Vintage-Style Disc
- STRINGS Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- NECK PLATE 4-Bolt
- STRAP BUTTONS Vintage-Style
- BRIDGE PICKUP Pure Vintage '51 Single-Coil Tele®
- NECK PICKUP Pure Vintage '51 Single-Coil Tele®
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION SS
- CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone
- SWITCHING 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- STYLE 2 Single-Coil
- DIMENSIONS 6.40x17.40x43.70 IN
- SHIPPING WEIGHT 20.10 LB
- FRET SIZE Vintage Tall
- SCALE LENGTH 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- SHIPPING LENGTH 43.70 IN
- SHIPPING HEIGHT 6.40 IN
- SHIPPING WIDTH 17.40 IN
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.