- Electric Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
The Fender® American Vintage II series presents a remarkably accurate take on the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
By 1973, now-classic CBS design cues had become standard spec and were widely used by rock, funk, fusion and prog players around the world. Weekly late night music television shows like Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, In concert and Midnight Special provided more exposure than ever for Fender instruments, further cementing the Stratocaster's dominance as a pop culture phenomenon.
The American Vintage II 1973 Stratocaster® exudes the spirit of the era and is outfitted with a trio of Pure Vintage '73 staggered pole pickups, a large headstock with dual string trees, a convenient “Bullet— style truss rod nut and a three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt™ mechanism. The “C—-shape maple neck plays like a dream with a 7.25— radius rosewood or maple fingerboard and vintage tall frets. The guitar is offered in three classic colors over ash: Aged Natural, Lake Placid Blue and Mocha, the latter being the first custom color ever to feature a black pickguard on a Strat®. Additional features include vintage-style “F— stamped tuners and a synchronized tremolo with bent steel saddles and cold rolled steel block.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
- CASE/GIG BAG: Vintage-Style Black (Orange Interior)
- SERIES American Vintage II
- ORIENTATION Right-Hand
- COLOR Mocha
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN US
- HEADSTOCK Large '70s Style
- NECK MATERIAL Maple
- NECK FINISH Gloss Polyurethane
- NECK SHAPE 1973 "C"
- NECK CONSTRUCTION 3-Bolt
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL Maple
- POSITION INLAYS Black Dot
- SIDE DOTS Black
- NUMBER OF FRETS 21
- TRUSS ROD Bullet Style
- TRUSS ROD NUT Bullet Style
- STRING NUT Bone
- NUT WIDTH 1.650" (42 mm)
- NUT MATERIAL Bone
- BODY Ash
- BODY FINISH Gloss Polyurethane
- BODY SHAPE Stratocaster®
- BODY MATERIAL Ash
- BRIDGE American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo with “Ash Tray— Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE COVER/TAILPIECE Includes Chrome Bridge Cover
- BRIDGE MOUNTING 6-Screw Vintage-Style
- TREMOLO BLOCK Cold Rolled Steel
- PICKGUARD 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- PICKUP COVERS Aged White
- CONTROL KNOBS Aged White
- SWITCH TIP Aged White
- HARDWARE FINISH Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES Pure Vintage Fender® “F— Stamped
- STRING TREES Dual-Wing
- STRINGS Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- TREMOLO ARM Screw-In
- NECK PLATE 3-Bolt “F— Stamped with Micro-Tilt™, Serialized
- STRAP BUTTONS Vintage-Style
- BRIDGE PICKUP Pure Vintage '73 Single-Coil Strat®
- MIDDLE PICKUP Pure Vintage '73 Single-Coil Strat®
- NECK PICKUP Pure Vintage '73 Single-Coil Strat®
- PICKUP CONFIGURATION SSS
- CONTROLS Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- SWITCHING 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- STYLE 3 Single-Coil
- DIMENSIONS 6.40x17.40x45.30 IN
- SHIPPING WEIGHT 24.00 LB
- FRET SIZE Vintage Tall
- SCALE LENGTH 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- SHIPPING LENGTH 45.30 IN
- SHIPPING HEIGHT 6.40 IN
- SHIPPING WIDTH 17.40 IN
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.