EXL220 consists of light gauges that offers more flexibility while maintaining fundamental tone. XL Nickel Wound electric bass strings, long recognized as the industry standard, are ideal for a wide range of musical styles.
XL Nickel Wound, D'Addario's most popular guitar strings, are precision wound with nickel plated steel onto a carefully drawn, hexagonally shaped, high carbon steel core. The result—strings with long lasting, distinctive, bright tone and excellent intonation—is ideal for the widest variety of guitars and musical styles.
- Coating: Uncoated
- Number Of Strings: 4
- Scale Length: Long
- Set Quantity: Sets
- Wrap Material: Nickel-Plated Steel
- Light gauging offers more flexibility while maintaining fundamental tone
- Round wound with nickel plated steel for a distinctive bright tone with clear fundamentals
- These strings are designed for long scale basses (34”+) and have a taper at 36 – 7/8”
- All D'Addario strings are designed, engineered, and manufactured in the USA
- String Gauges: Wound .040, .060, .075, .095
- XLB040 G 0.040 in 32.42 lbs
- XLB060 D 0.060 40.86
- XLB075 A 0.075 35.41
- XLB095 E 0.095 31.66