The EVH 5150 Overdrive features multi-stage MOSFETs, a 3-band EQ, a Boost switch, and a noise gate for a versatile range of OD and distortion tones.
- This pedal can be powered by a 9-volt battery, a Dunlop ECB003 9-volt adapter, or the DC Brick™, Iso-Brick™, and Mini Iso-Brick™ power supplies (not included).
The MXR® design team has collaborated with Eddie Van Halen to deliver a full range of powerful saturation and hyper-driven tones right at your feet. The resulting EVH 5150™ Overdrive joins hand-adjusted multi-stage MOSFETs with a full complement of controls to deliver overdriven tube-like tones and exceptional sonic flexibility through a wide variety of amps and speaker cabinets.
Whether on stage or in the studio, the EVH 5150 Overdrive's controls dial up the whole spectrum-from Eddie's groundbreaking early classic tones to the high gain, super-articulate sound he uses today. Output and Gain controls set your volume and distortion levels, while the 3-band passive tone stack EQ section shapes your sound to taste. The Boost switch kicks the 5150 Overdrive into high gear with extra gain and compression, and the Gate control-powered by the Smart Gate® circuit-tames unwanted noise.
The EVH 5150 Overdrive features true bypass switching and comes in a road-worthy housing emblazoned with custom EVH artwork.
- Designed in close collaboration with Eddie Van Halen
- Infuses any rig with legendary EVH tones
- Features 3-band EQ section for versatile tweakability
- Boost switch adds extra gain and compression
- Gate control engages noise gate
- Power: The 5150 Overdrive is powered by one 9-volt battery, a 9-volt AC adapter such as the Dunlop ECB003/ECB003EU, or the DC Brick and Iso-Brick power supplies.
- GATE control engages noise gate—knob illuminates yellow when active—and sets gate threshold
- OUTPUT knob controls overall effect volume
- BASS knob cuts/boosts low frequencies
- MID knob cuts/boosts midrange frequencies
- TREBLE knob cuts/boosts high frequencies
- GAIN knob sets overdrive intensity
- BOOST switch increases amount of gain and compression
- FOOTSWITCH toggles effect on/ bypass (blue LED indicates on)
- Input Impedance 740 kΩ
- Output Impedance 1 kΩ
- Nominal Output Level* -22 dBV
- Maximum Output Level 0 dBV
- Noise Floor**
- Gate Open -76 dBV
- Gate Closed -93 dBV
- BOOST Preamp Gain, +6 dB
- BASS ±5 dB, 30 Hz
- MID ±5 dB, 650 Hz
- TREBLE ±5 dB, 10 kHz
- Bypass True Hardwire
- Current Draw
- Bypassed 12.5 mA
- Effect on, Gate
- Engaged 14.5 mA
- Power Supply DC 9 volts (not included)