The MXR® design team has collaborated with Eddie Van Halen to deliver a full range of powerful saturation and hyper-driven tones right at your feet. The resulting EVH 5150™ Overdrive joins hand-adjusted multi-stage MOSFETs with a full complement of controls to deliver overdriven tube-like tones and exceptional sonic flexibility through a wide variety of amps and speaker cabinets.
Whether on stage or in the studio, the EVH 5150 Overdrive's controls dial up the whole spectrum-from Eddie's groundbreaking early classic tones to the high gain, super-articulate sound he uses today. Output and Gain controls set your volume and distortion levels, while the 3-band passive tone stack EQ section shapes your sound to taste. The Boost switch kicks the 5150 Overdrive into high gear with extra gain and compression, and the Gate control-powered by the Smart Gate® circuit-tames unwanted noise.
The EVH 5150 Overdrive features true bypass switching and comes in a road-worthy housing emblazoned with custom EVH artwork.
- Designed in close collaboration with Eddie Van Halen
- Infuses any rig with legendary EVH tones
- Features 3-band EQ section for versatile tweakability
- Boost switch adds extra gain and compression
- Gate control engages noise gate
- Power: The 5150 Overdrive is powered by one 9-volt battery, a 9-volt AC adapter such as the Dunlop ECB003/ECB003EU, or the DC Brick and Iso-Brick power supplies.