- Electric Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
Widely regarded as the most recognizable electric guitar ever, Eddie Van Halen’s iconic and revered Frankenstein™ guitar now comes your way with a price tag the everyday musician can afford in the form of the EVH® Striped Series Frankenstein™ "Frankie."
Sporting Eddie’s famed red with white-and-black-striped paint job and a worn-in reliced look, the all-new Frankie features a basswood Stratocaster®-style body paired to a graphite-reinforced quartersawn maple neck. An oiled finish on the back of the neck allows for hours of playing comfort, while the 12”-16” compound radius maple fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets was designed for fast and furious playing styles.
Routed for an HSS pickup configuration just like Eddie’s original, Frankie features an EVH Wolfgang® humbucking bridge pickup with a dummy Strat® neck pickup and a dummy five-way blade housed in the middle position.
A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger.
Other unique features include a white skirted Strat-style single volume control knob (labeled “tone”), custom black pickguard, reliced chrome hardware, standard strap buttons and EVH neck plate.
- This guitar does not come with a bag or a case
- Color Red with Black Stripes Relic
- Country Of Origin MX
- Orientation Right-Hand
- Series Striped Series
- Fingerboard Material Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Headstock Licensed Fender® Stratocaster®
- Neck Construction Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish Oiled
- Neck Material Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape EVH® Modified "C" Backshape
- Neck Thickness .790" at 3rd fret & .825" at 12th fret
- Number of Frets 22
- Nut Material Floyd Rose® R3 Locking
- Nut Width 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- String Nut Floyd Rose® R3 Locking
- Truss Rod Two-Way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Nut Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Body Bass wood
- Body Finish Satin Lacquer
- Body Material Basswood
- Body Shape Stratocaster®
- Bridge EVH®-Branded Floyd Rose® Locking Tremolo with EVH® D-Tuna®
- Control Knobs Parchment Stratocaster®-Style Skirt (Labeled "Tone")
- Hardware Finish Chrome Relic
- Neck Plate 4-Bolt Standard
- Pickguard Black Custom Frankie
- Pickup Covers Black
- Strap Buttons Oversized
- String Trees Floyd Rose® Retainer Bar
- Strings EVH® Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Tremolo Arm Floyd Rose® 1000 Series Locking
- Tremolo Block Brass
- Tuning Machines EVH®-Branded Gotoh®
- Bridge Pickup Direct Mount EVH® Wolfgang® Humbucking
- Controls Volume
- Middle Pickup N/A
- Neck Pickup Dummy Strat® Pickup
- Pickup Configuration HSS
- Switching Dummy Five-Way Blade
- Included Accessories Tremolo Arm, Hex Keys & User Manual
- Truss Rod Wrench 2.5 mm Hex
- Dimensions 4.50x15.20x42.10 IN
- Fret Size Jumbo
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Shipping Height 4.50 IN
- Shipping Length 42.10 IN
- Shipping Weight 11.45 LB
- Shipping Width 15.20 IN
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.