- Bass Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These are stock photos. Actual color and pattern may vary.
It seems incredible in hindsight but in the early 1960s, the Kalamazoo factory, home to both Epiphone and Gibson instruments, ceased production of the Les Paul guitar and in its place, created the "SG" design. And as it so often does, changes in guitar design also influenced bass design, too. With the Les Paul (temporarily) out of the picture, the SG took over. And for a time during that golden era, the classic SG bass was the historic factory's sole electric bass offering. But the‚ bass was by no means a cast-off. It quickly became one of the most attractive and distinctive basses in rock and players like Bill Wyman of The Rolling Stones, Cream's Jack Bruce, and The Who's John Entwistle made rock history on SG-style basses. Now, Epiphone presents the EB-3, a stunning recreation of the vintage marvel with all the tone and feel of the original without the vintage price tag and vintage problems.
- Four-string "SG" bass, with a longer scale length for more tonal depth and body
- Color: Ebony
- Classic "SG" body style, the first electric bass style produced by Epiphone
- Mahogany body and neck provide exceptional sustain and wonderfully warm bass response
- Sidewinder humbucking pickup in the neck position and NYT Bass mini-humbucker at the bridge capture organic and vintage-sounding tone that's suitable for a variety of musical styles
- Body Shape: SG
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 4
- Color: Ebony
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Neck Material: Mahogany, Set
- Neck Shape: SG
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Trapezoid
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.65"
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Stoptail
- Tuners: Chrome
- Neck Pickup: Sidewinder Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: NYT Bass Mini Humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way rotary pickup switch
- Strings: (.045-.105)
- Manufacturer Part Number: EBG3EBCH1
- This Guitar Does Not Come with a Case or a Bag
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.