- A Message From Taimane
- Humidity Care
*These are stock photos. Actual color and pattern may vary.
ENYA TAIMANE SIGNATURE MOON 5-STRING TENOR UKULELE
Virtuoso, composer, singer, and theatrical producer Taimane has made a name for herself as one of the top ukulele players in the world. She is renowned for her fearless and innovative playing style, which goes beyond conventional perceptions of the instrument as a limited tool.
Enya Taimane signature Moon 5-string tenor ukulele features an all-solid mahogany body, thin body design, and richlite fretboard. The Taimane's symbolic special double low-G design contributes to balancing the tone and warming up the sound. The combination produces a strong, balanced tone with enhanced bass compared to a 4-string ukulele. Enya AcousticPlus system with onboard effects is installed on the instrument.
"As a performer, Taimane has been an inspiration to me ever since she was young. It's amazing to witness her evolution and success as a musician and entertainer, especially considering that she has been a loyal customer of our store for as long as I can remember. At Easy Music Center, we take pride in offering her signature instruments, and we are thrilled to be part of her journey as a musician." - Peter Dods, President of Easy Music Center.
This ukulele represents the night sky. An abalone crescent moon cradles the sound hole. Iwa Birds on the fretboard will guide your fingers, and the night star on the crown of your ukulele will light the path to your musical soul.
This signature ukulele represents who I am as an artist. Thank you for believing in me.
- All solid mahogany satin finish tenor size ukulele
- Double low-G (4th &5th) setup - ggCEA
- Radius richlite fretboard & thin body
- AcousticPlus® pickup system
- Included accessories: ukulele strap and gig bag with custom Polynesian artwork by @hamiora.art
- Model: EUT-MOON5/BK/EQ Size: Tenor 5-String
- Top: Solid Mahogany Back&Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Neck: Solid Mahogany Fretboard: Radius Richlite
- Tuning Machines: Silver Die-Cast Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Fretboard Inlay: White Mother-of-Pearl Nut Width: 1-1/2"
- Strings (1-3): D'Addario® J87T
- Strings (4&5): Enya EUL6 Low G
- Color: Black
- Body Depth (lower bout): 1-3/4"
- Finish: Satin
- Electronics: Enya AcousticPlus®
Acoustic guitars and ukulele are made of wood, and wood is sensitive to changes in climate. Shifts in temperature or relative humidity can affect your instrument in multiple ways, some of which can lead to costly repairs if you’re not careful. Solid woods in particular are especially prone to the effects of climate fluctuation. For example, extended exposure to low relative humidity (below 40% RH) can dry out the wood, causing it to shrink and run the risk of cracking. Similarly, excessive humidity can cause the wood to absorb moisture and swell, potentially causing other problems. Without adequate humidity control (especially in drier local climates), acoustic instruments can crack and their necks can warp, causing problems with fretting, intonation and playability.
So how do you prevent this kind of damage? Easy: by keeping your guitars and ukulele properly humidified (ideally between 40-60% RH). The easiest way to do this is by storing your instruments in a case with a case two-way humidifier inside. A two-way humidifier will slowly absorb or release moisture inside your case, maintaining humidity to help ensure your instrument doesn’t suffer damage. Using a digital hygrometer can help you monitor humidity levels around your instrument.
Symptoms of a dry acoustic instrument:
- Low action. Strings are very close to the fretboard.
- Hump on the fretboard where the neck joins the body.
- Sunken top across the soundboard between bridge and fingerboard.
- The back of instrument looks very flat when it is dried out.
- Sharp fret ends extend beyond the edge of the fretboard.
- The plane of the neck angle on a dry instrument hits above the top of the bridge.
Symptoms of a wet acoustic instrument:
- High action. Strings that are unusually high off the fretboard, making it difficult to play.
- Unusually swollen top
- Unusual warp on the top, back or both at the end-block
- Improper neck angle. Sighting the neck to the bridge, the frets will appear to hit below the bridge.
Using patented technology, the D’Addario Two-Way Humidification System features disposable, moisture-filled packets with a breathable membrane that provides two-way humidity control, meaning it can either release or absorb moisture to consistently maintain a predetermined relative humidity (RH) level of 45-50 percent.
Music Nomad the leader in equipment care products, has developed an easy to use, no mess, and low maintenance Ukulele humidifier. The Humilele rests securely on top of the strings to safely and evenly hydrate your Ukulele to avoid these problems.
Final Notes on Humidity Control
To monitor the amount of humidity your instrument is receiving, we recommend the purchase of a digital hygrometer, a device that gauges and provides a read-out of humidity levels. It can be kept in the room where you store your instruments, or, better yet, in a central location inside the instrument case, preferably Velcro’d to the outside of the accessories compartment (facing the heel). The optimal range for your guitars and ukulele is 45-55% RH.