- PA Powered Speaker Accessories
The first battery-powered loudspeaker from Electro-Voice and the first weatherized model of its type, EVERSE 8 takes advantage of decades of Electro-Voice engineering expertise – along with the latest advancements in technology – to provide a truly portable and truly wireless audio experience at a price and performance level unmatched by current comparable products on the market.
Whether used for live music, vocal reinforcement and/or audio playback, musicians, DJs, production/rental companies, fitness/activity instructors and other professional, amateur and recreational users can all benefit from EVERSE 8’s superior sound quality, user-friendliness and all-in-one PA system design – a concept that opens-up real pro-audio performance for a wider range of users than ever before. EVERSE 8 comes in a black or white finish, adding an aesthetic angle to its versatility.
- Designed to deliver a step up in sound quality for the battery-powered portable PA segment, with high SPL and full-bandwidth coverage
- Compact, lightweight and weatherized design coupled with extended battery life – longer run time for gigs and events, indoors or outdoors
- Flexible all-in-one feature set, including QuickSmart Mobile app and Bluetooth® for best-in-class control and streaming, an onboard mixer and studio-quality effects – a user-friendly and versatile choice for musicians, DJs, fitness/activity instructors, events/gatherings and more
- This product is just a speaker. It does not come with a wireless receiver as shown in some of the pictures.
REAL PRO-AUDIO PERFORMANCE
With a maximum SPL rating of 121 dB and wide, even 100º x 100º coverage, EVERSE 8’s capabilities defy its compact form factor and set uncompromising new benchmarks for its product segment. Core components include an 8” woofer mounted using EV’s patented SST (Signal Synchronized Transducers) port design, and a high-output titanium tweeter mounted onto a custom constant-directivity waveguide. And, as with all Electro-Voice portable loudspeakers, EVERSE 8’s system reliability is verified with extensive music abuse and endurance testing.
EVERSE 8 is powered by a custom-designed high-capacity Li-ion battery pack, fully optimized for audio use and providing plentiful power for up to 12 hours of run time. Protection circuitry reduces the risk of the battery discharging to such a low voltage that it can no longer be recharged – for example, after long periods in storage. Tool-free screws make removing the battery pack effortless. Uncompromising sound quality, unplugged.
IP43-RATED WEATHERIZED DESIGN
In combination with the rugged polypropylene enclosure, use of the included weatherized input cover allows EVERSE 8 to meet the IP43 rating (water resistant for splashes and light rain) when running on battery power and while Bluetooth® streaming. Built-in feet with no-skid rubber pads ensure the system stays put. Bring EVERSE 8 outside for busking, marching band practice, or the backyard BBQ, or wherever a PA is needed, whatever the forecast.
COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT
Every detail of EVERSE 8 is designed to maximize easy lifting and transportation – all while reinforcing EV’s reputation for real-world durability. An ergonomically designed soft-touch handle and premium lightweight construction make it a breeze to move and mount EVERSE 8. Pack it into the optional tote bag and head out to the gig. It’s the all-in-one pro-audio system you can grab to go.
The integrated 12 V DC port provides convenient power from the EVERSE 8 battery, perfect for powering a wireless microphone system such as the Electro-Voice RE3 or R300 (see user manual for details). Attach the optional accessory tray to the top of an EVERSE 8 to secure receiver hardware in place. A charging port is included for mobile devices if a top-up is needed when streaming. Place on a tripod for a longer throw, set long-side down as a stage wedge using the 55° monitor angle, or use upright with the 30° kick-back angle to project up off the performance area. For stereo setups, EVERSE 8 is equipped for Bluetooth® true wireless stereo streaming.
POWERED BY DYNACORD
EVERSE 8 is driven by a high-efficiency Class-D amplifier and DSP module developed in collaboration with the world-class audio electronics engineering team at EV’s sibling brand Dynacord. Pro features include a built in four-channel digital mixer with studio-quality effects and processing, 48 V phantom power, feedback suppression and audio ducking. Between the EV and the D badges, you get the best of both worlds.
WIRELESS CONTROL & MONITORING
Use the EV QuickSmart Mobile app to adjust all audio, effects and mix functions via your phone or tablet. An intuitive user interface makes it simple to shape your sound to the space, so you can focus on the show.
- Frequency response (-3 dB) 1 60 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range (-10 dB) 2 50 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. SPL 3 121 dB
- Coverage angle (H x V) 100° x 100°
- Amplifier rating 400 W
- LF transducer 8 in. woofer - ferrite magnet
- HF transducer 1 in. titanium dome, neodymium magnet, ferro-fluid cooled
- Crossover frequency 2.5 kHz
- Connectors 2 - XLR/TRS Combo
- 1 - 3.5mm Stereo
- 1 - Charge port
- 1 - TRS footswitch
- 1 - 12 V DC power output
- Enclosure Polypropylene
- Grille material Powder coated steel
- USB charging 1.5 A max., device-dependent
- Color Black & white
- Dimensions (H x W x D) 400 mm x 275 mm x 272 mm
- 15.75 in. x 10.83 in. x 10.71 in.
- Net weight 7.6 kg
- 16.8 lb
- Shipping weight 11 kg
- 24.3 lb
- Power consumption 4 100 - 240 V~, 50 - 60 Hz, 0.8 - 0.6 A
- Battery capacity 86.4 Wh
- Battery run time (at max output) 5 6+ hours
- Battery run time (at moderate output) 6 12+ hours
1 Full space measurement using music DSP preset.
2 Half-space measurement.
3 Maximum SPL is measured at 1 m using broadband pink noise at maximum output.
4 Current rating is 1/8 power.
5 Maximum output before loudspeaker limit indication, with typical program material.
6 Moderate output is approximately 95 dB SPL, with typical program material.