The genuine BOSS and Roland Dimension effect is back, and it’s now more versatile than ever! Designed in the premium Waza Craft analog tradition, the DC-2W offers not just a perfect sonic recreation of the original DC-2 Dimension C pedal, but also the legendary SDD-320 Dimension D studio rack effect it was based on. The DC-2W features the same intuitive four-button preset interface as the original ‘80s-era effects, now evolved with electronic switching that unlocks a multitude of sonic variations not available on the vintage units.
Enhance Your Sound with Natural Width and Depth
The vintage Dimension effect is famous for its innovative 3D spatial processing that just makes everything sound a little better. It’s often mistakenly called a chorus effect, but it’s actually not. Though time-based like a chorus, the Dimension’s circuit is quite unique and sophisticated, subtly enhancing the width and depth of the source audio without any prominent modulated movement.
Four Switches, Expanded Sonic Possibilities
Just like the original Dimension effects, the DC-2W offers a simple and direct interface with four preset switches that provide sonic variations with increasing width and depth. While the originals had mechanical switches, the DC-2W is equipped with modern electronic switches and status LEDs for more solid performance. The new switches also allow you to press two at once to access a variety of additional sounds.
Authentic Tones with Modern Refinements
In the Waza Craft tradition, the DC-2W delivers vintage analog tones with modern design refinements for enhanced performance and versatility. Along with the new electronic mode switches, the pedal features a newly designed internal bypass circuit that greatly improves on that found in the original DC-2. In addition, versatile I/O enables the pedal to blend in with any mono or stereo rig, from regular guitar setups to audio interfaces and studio mixing consoles.
The Roland SDD-320 Dimension D: A Studio Legend
Very quickly after its debut in 1979, the Roland SDD-320 Dimension D became a go-to secret weapon for audio engineers and music producers around the world. It can be heard on countless classic records in all genres, and is still regularly used today.
The BOSS DC-2 Dimension C: 3D Sound in a Compact Pedal
Introduced in 1985, the DC-2 Dimension C pedal brought the Dimension D’s distinctive spatial effect to the BOSS compact pedal format. While the Dimension D was designed as a studio effect that supported either mono or stereo input sources, the DC-2 was specifically created for mono sources like guitar, and features a modified circuit that produces a Dimension effect with a slightly different tonal flavor.
- Premium Waza Craft pedal with all-analog audio circuitry
- Standard mode provides the sound of the original DC-2 Dimension C pedal
- SDD-320 mode authentically reproduces the vintage Roland SDD-320 Dimension D, a legendary studio rack effect heard on countless hit records
- Iconic four-button preset interface, updated with reliable electronic switches and LED status indicators
- Four main sounds in each mode, plus six variations by pressing two switches together (20 total sounds available)
- Premium buffer and enhanced bypass circuitry
- Versatile I/O for integrating with any mono or stereo application, from guitar and bass pedalboards to keyboards and studio mixing
- Made in Japan
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Modes: S (Standard), SDD-320
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 2.2 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: Pedal switch, S/SDD-320 switch, MODE SELECTOR -- buttons
- Indicators: CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator), MODE SELECTOR -- indicators
- Connectors: INPUT A (MONO) jack: 1/4-inch phone type, INPUT B jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT A (MONO) jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT B jack: 1/4-inch phone type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 65 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 6 hours, *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 450 g, 1 lb