The Crayon is a versatile overdrive with independent Bass and Treble controls and an open frequency range that provides players with a musical alternative to customary mid-focused overdrive pedals. It delivers a range of sounds going from a suggestion of dirt to full-on distortion and is equally impressive all by itself or when driving another overdrive pedal.
- Full-range overdrive with a lush, rich, warm tone
- Independent Bass and Treble controls
- True Bypass for maximum signal path integrity
- Compact pedalboard-ready pedal
- 9-Volt battery included, also accepts optional EHX 9.6VDC-200mA power supply
- 9V Power Jack – The Crayon can run off of a 9V battery or you can use an optional 9VDC AC Adapter capable of delivering at least 25mA to the 9V power jack, such as the Electro-Harmonix 9.6DC-200 power supply. The AC Adapter must have a center negative plug. The battery may be left in or taken out when using an AC Adapter. The Crayon has a current draw of 10mA at 9VDC.
Current Draw: 10mA @ 9VDC
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75(w) x 4.5(l) x 2(h)
- Dimensions in mm: 70(w) x 115(l) x 51(h)
- GAIN Knob – Controls the amount of input gain. As you turn GAIN clockwise, the overdrive ranges from just a touch of grit, in the fully counter-clockwise position, to classic distortion, in the fully clockwise setting.
- TREBLE Knob – As you turn TREBLE clockwise, the overdrive’s high end is accentuated, making your tone brighter. Turn TREBLE counter-clockwise for a darker sound.
- BASS Knob – As you turn BASS clockwise, the low end is boosted. Turn BASS counter clockwise to reduce low end.
- VOL Knob – Sets the output level of the Crayon. As VOL is turned clockwise, the output volume increases.
- FOOTSWITCH and LED – The Footswitch selects whether the Crayon is engaged or in true-bypass mode. When the effect is engaged, the LED is lit.
- INPUT Jack – This ¼” jack is the audio input for the Crayon. The input impedance is 315kΩ.
- AMP Jack – This ¼” jack is the audio output from the Crayon. The output impedance is 50Ω.