- Classical Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*Photos shown are of the actual guitar for sale - Serial#7205463
The Cordoba Luthier Select Series represents the marriage of peak instrument design and fine craftsmanship. Handcrafted by a team of elite luthiers in small batches, the Luthier Select series guitars bring new life to the designs that shaped the modern nylon string guitar. For over 15 years, Cordoba has been perfecting the art of Nylon string instruments, working in conjunction with teams all around the globe to bring authentic nylon string tone with the playability and longevity that a modern musician demands. As Cordoba has grown in tandem with the quality of their manufacturing, it is with great pride and satisfaction that Cordoba pays homage to the greats in luthiery with the release of the Luthier Select series.
Daniel Friederich was influenced by the legendary French luthier Robert Bouchet and has established himself as one of the most respected and influential luthiers in the world. Based out of France, Daniel Friederich made a name for himself with not only the silky, responsive tone of his instruments with powerful basses which project even in a large hall, but also with the graceful body shape and distinctive carved headstock adorning his guitars. The Luthier Select Friederich model salutes these construction methods, utilizing Friederich’s seven fan bracing pattern with delicately, hand-carved spruce braces and a solid Canadian cedar top. Featuring elegantly grained solid rosewood back and sides with rosewood binding, the Friederich’s understated beauty is made real with an intricate wood rosette and iconic carved headstock. The Friederich is finished using an ultra-thin Polyurethane finish to protect the delicate instrument without impeding the vibration of the soundboard. Complete with an included Deluxe Humidified Archtop wood case, the Luthier Select Friederich offers players a chance to enjoy the exemplary sound and feel of one of history’s premier luthiers.
- Family: Traditional
- Style: Classical
- Construction: All Solid Woods
- Family Traditional
- Build Classical
- Construction All Solid Woods
- Body Top Solid Cedar
- Top Bracing Pattern Friederich Inspired 7 Fan
- Soundhole Diameter 84mm (3 1/3")
- Rosette Traditional Wood Friederich Design
- Top Purfling Inlay 6-ply Maple and Black
- Top Binding Rosewood
- Side Purfling Inlay 3-ply Maple and Black
- Back and Sides Wood Solid Rosewood
- Back Purfling Inlay 3-Ply Maple and Black
- Neck Material Mahogany
- Scale Length 650mm (25.6")
- Neck Shape C Shape
- Nut Width 52mm (2")
- Neck Thickness 1st Fret 21.5mm
- Neck Thickness 9th Fret 25mm
- Truss Rod N/A
- Truss Rod Wrench N/A
- Fingerboard Material Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlays N / A
- Frets Total 19
- Color Natural (NAT)
- Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Bridge Material Indian Rosewood
- Saddle Material Bone
- Nut Material Bone
- Tuning Machines Cordoba Master Series Matte Gold with Black Buttons
- Tap Plate N / A
- Electronics N / A
- Controls N / A
- Strings Savarez Cristal Corum High Tension 500CJ
- Included Case Cordoba Deluxe Humidified Archtop Wood Case - Torres/Esteso
- Upper Bout Width 292mm (11 1/2")
- Lower Bout Width 371mm (14 5/8")
- Body Depth Upper Bout 95mm (3 3/4")
- Body Depth Lower Bout 100mm (4")
- Body Length 489mm (19 1/4")
- Overall Length 984mm (38 3/4")
- Country of Origin China
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly. All instruments are set-up to factory specifications. Any requests made outside of those specifications can incur part and labor charges.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.