The RC-500 is an essential partner for guitarists, singer/songwriters, multi-instrumentalists, and anyone who wants to take their looping to the next level. Craft real-time compositions with two loop tracks, mic and stereo instrument inputs, rhythms, and inspiring Loop FX, all backed by premium 32-bit audio quality. Store loops in onboard memories, and explore expanded operation with external controls and MIDI. Filled with next-generation Loop Station features, the RC-500 gives serious creators the tools they need to develop new ideas and deliver impactful performances that will leave audiences wanting more.
Super Sound Quality
Featuring best-in-class 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing, the RC-500 captures your personal sound with full fidelity and keeps loops crystal clear, even with multiple overdubs. And with 13 hours of stereo recording time, there’s plenty of space for extended creative journeys.
Connect, Loop, and Mix
With its versatile I/O and free-flowing interface, the RC-500 is ready to support all your musical visions. Connect mono/stereo instruments and pedal effects, plus a mic to the dedicated XLR input—complete with phantom power if needed. Use the two tracks independently for song-style composition, or together for rich multi-track textures. The LCD backlight changes color to clearly show the current operation mode, while hands-on track faders and a mic level knob provide direct access to volume control as you loop.
Flexible Creative Control
Three onboard footswitches make it simple to control recording and playback, track switching, and more. For expanded operation, you can connect up to two external footswitches for direct control of many assignable functions, or an expression pedal for continuous adjustments. And for advanced rigs, the space-saving TRS MIDI I/O enables remote operation from MIDI switchers and foot controllers, plus MIDI sync with drum machines and DAWs.
Capture, Practice, and Perform
The RC-500’s 99 phrase memories let you store loops as fast as you create them, complete with rhythm and kit selections, audio settings, and control assignments. Loop audio can be backed up to a computer via USB. And with WAV import via BOSS Tone Studio, the RC-500 becomes a central playback hub for lesson material, jam tracks, or backing music for your next gig.
- Advanced two-track looper with onboard mixing and deep control options
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Stereo looper engine with 13 hours of recording time
- LCD with multi-color backlight for viewing loop status and editing parameters
- Mono/stereo inputs for easy pedalboard integration, plus independent XLR mic input with phantom power
- Reverse function and Loop FX (repeat, scatter, shift, and vinyl flick) for dynamic and engaging loop performances
- 16 different drum kits and 57 preset rhythms with A/B variations
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with space-saving mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available separately)
- Onboard storage for 99 phrase memories
- Back up and load WAV loops via USB
- Runs on four AA batteries or optional AC adaptor
- Recording/Playback: Number of Track: 2, Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 32-bit float, stereo), Maximum Recording Time: Approx. 1.5 hours (1 track), Approx.13 hours (total of All memories)
- Rhythm Type: 57 Patterns x 2 Variations
- Rhythm Kit: 16 types
- Effect: LOOP FX (only for loop tracks), Type: BEAT REPEAT, BEAT SHIFT, BEAT SCATTER, VINYL FLICK, Reverb (only for rhythm part)Memory99
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Connectors: INST IN A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type, MIC IN jack: XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max, OUTPUT A/MONO, B jacks: 1/4-inch phone type, CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, USB port: USB micro B type, MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: stereo miniature type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (PSA-S series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 330 mA (with phantom power), 240 mA (without phantom power)
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 3.5 hours (without phantom power), Approx. 2 hours (with phantom power), *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, Rubber foot x 4
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA-S series, Footswitch: FS-5U, Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7, Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5, TRS/MIDI connecting cable: BMIDI-5-35
- Width: 6-3/4 inches
- Depth: 5-7/16 inches
- Height (including rubber foot): 2-1/2 inches
- Weight (including battery): 2.1 lb