The Katana-Artist MkII elevates the premier model in the Katana lineup with next-generation features and flexibility. Newly voiced variations for all five amp characters double your tone choices, while onboard effects categories have been expanded from three to five. Exclusive front-panel controls provide even more sound-shaping options, including a three-way Contour switch, Global EQ with three customizable curves, and a Solo boost with adjustable level. And with powerful new dual amp functionality, it's easy to link and control two Katana-Artist MkIIs for massive, ultra-wide tones.
Refined Sound For Professional Performers
Just like its predecessor, the Katana-Artist MkII has been designed with extra detail for discerning pro players. BOSS's custom Waza speaker puts the ultimate vintage rock sound under your fingers, while the cabinet's wide baffle and semi-closed back provide focused, punchy tones with rich low end and big midrange fullness. In addition, every Katana-Artist MkII amp character has been specially voiced for optimum response with the speaker and cab.
Waza Speaker: Legendary Tone, Modern Power
A key element to the Katana-Artist MkII's powerful sound is the 12-inch Waza speaker, developed by BOSS to deliver the wide dynamic response, smooth midrange, and rich harmonic overtones of the benchmark 25-watt British stack speaker from the 1960s. Through detailed analysis of original speakers and careful selection of the magnet, cone material, and other elements, the Waza speaker embodies the full mojo of this legendary speaker while boosting power capacity to 100 watts.
Expanded Amp Characters And Effects
The Katana-Artist MkII features the same core updates introduced with the Katana MkII amps. Variations are now available for the five amp characters, providing 10 different tone options to choose from. And with five simultaneous effects categories, you have the sound-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio lets you dive much deeper if you want—customize the sections with over 60 different effect types, change the order with four different chains, and much more.
Deep Tone-Shaping Tools
On the front panel, you'll find some exclusive features only available with the Katana-Artist MkII. A three-way Contour switch lets you shape the amp's core tone, while three selectable Global EQ settings (adjustable in BOSS Tone Studio) are great for fine-tuning the overall sound for different guitars and styles. A foot-controllable, post-amp Solo boost function is also available, with a dedicated panel knob for fast adjustment.
Integrated Dual Amp Support
Powerful expansion features make it simple to use two Katana-Artist MkIIs together. With Dual Link, you can configure each amp with independent settings and operate them from a single GA-FC foot controller, allowing you to blend clean and dirty tones, create wet/dry setups, and more. Stereo Expand lets you use one amp as the master and the other as the slave, with onboard stereo-compatible effects like chorus, delay, and reverb distributed across both amps for a wide, immersive sound field.
- Professional 100-watt combo amp with enhanced tone and exclusive features
- Custom Waza 12-inch speaker realizes classic British stack speaker tone and response with increased power handling
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers authentic tone and highly musical response
- Ultra-solid cabinet construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
- Five amp characters with five variations, plus Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb sections with three variations in each
- Three-way Contour for shaping the overall tonal color and Global EQ switch with three settings (customizable in BOSS Tone Studio)
- Switchable Solo function with level control
- Integrated dual amp expansion functions for GA-FC control and true stereo effects
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio editor software for customizing sounds with over 60 BOSS effects; newly added editor features include pre and post EQs, dedicated Pedal FX, and more
- Series/parallel effect loop, external speaker outputs, and power amp input for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Mic'd cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- External control support via GA-FC foot controller, footswitches, expression pedal, and MIDI