Add some studio-grade clarity to the live mix. Designed to capture brighter vocals with sparkling accuracy, the BETA® 87A brings more crisp to the concert. And the increased presence will have everyone singing your praises.
One of the world’s best-selling, single-element, condenser mic, the BETA 87A puts singers on a pedestal. Tailored frequency response concentrates on the upper midrange to raise vocal presence in the mix. So voices cut through clearly and resonate deeply with your audience.
Set your singing apart
The supercardioid pattern provides maximum isolation of your voice, giving you the chance to shine.
Get right up on the mic without overwhelming the sound. Electronically controlled low-end roll-off keeps your bass from blasting over the mix.
The advanced cartridge shock-mount system lets you handle the mic a little harder while absorbing any mechanical noise.
- Premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Uniform supercardioid pick-up pattern for maximum gain before feedback and superior rejection of off-axis sound
- Smooth, wide frequency response with gradual presence rise and controlled proximity effect tailored for vocals
- Advanced cartridge shock mount system absorbs mechanical shock and minimizes handling noise
- Dent-resistant steel mesh grille and enamel coated metal alloy construction resist wear and abuse
- Effective built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath noise
- Very low susceptibility to RF and electromagnetic hum
- Type Electret Condenser
- Frequency Response 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern Supercardioid
- Output Impedance EIA rated at150 Ω(100 Ωactual)
- Sensitivity at 1kHz,open circuit voltage -52.5 dBV/Pa(2 mV)
- Maximum SPL 1 kHz at 1% THD,1 kΩ load 140.5 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio Ref. 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz 70.5 dB
- Dynamic Range at 1kHz,1 kΩ load 117 dB
- Clipping Level 1 kHz at 0.25% THD,1 kΩ load -6 dBV (0.5 V)
- Self Noise typical,equivalent SPL, A-weighted 23.5 dB
- Polarity Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Weight Net 0.207 kg(0.475 lbs)
- Connector Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male, balanced
- Housing Aluminum construction with painted blue metallic finish, and hardened steel grille with nickel satin chrome plating
- Power Requirements 11 to 52 V DCphantom power (1.2 mA)  1 Pa=94 dB SPL  S/N ratio is difference between 94 dB SPL and equivalent SPL of self noise, A-weighted
- 1 - A25D Swivel Adapter
- 1 - 26A13 Carrying/Storage Bag