Anyone interested in playing blues guitar can pick up this well-paced, comprehensive method and get started right away. Beginning concepts include blues theory, left-hand technique, call-and-response phrasing, intros, turnarounds, improvisation, and the rhythmic styles of Texas swing, slow blues, and minor blues. Intermediate topics include phrasing, fills, non-scale tones, chord extensions, substitutions, and "Licks of the Masters." The book concludes with advanced techniques such as composite scales, the Mixolydian mode, arpeggio superimpositions, the eight-bar blues, gospel blues, minor blues, and techniques of great players like Muddy Waters, Big Bill Broonzy, Freddie King, B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, and many others. Whether you are just starting to learn guitar or are an advanced player looking to improve your playing, this is the one book on blues guitar you will ever need.
This complete edition includes a full instructional video, available online via streaming or download, hosted by guitar virtuoso Jared Meeker for each book it includes, Beginning, Intermediate, and Mastering Blues Guitar. MP3 audio files for all three books are also available online.
- Examples in easy-to-read TAB and standard music notation
- Large chord and scale diagrams
- Licks in the styles of blues masters
- Eight- and twelve-bar solo examples
- Techniques and theory for lead and rhythm guitar playing
- Series: Complete Method
- Author: David Hamburger, Matt Smith, Wayne Riker
- Instrument: Guitar
- Format: Book & Online Video/Audio
- Page Count: 312
- Item Number: 00-45041
- ISBN 10: 1-4706-3209-8
- ISBN 13: 978-1-4706-3209-0
- UPC: 038081514765