The Q8 marries high-definition video with high-resolution audio, making it the perfect camera for music and video creators everywhere. Its 160 degree wide-angle lens and digital zoom ensure that you’ll always capture the complete picture. Combine that with ZOOM’s groundbreaking interchangeable mic capsule system and two XLR/TRS combo inputs for a world of options.
THE TOTAL PACKAGE- Easy to use and full-featured.
The Q8 offers a large full-color LCD touchscreen for ease of use, along with a wealth of advanced features. Dual combo XLR/TRS inputs allow the connection of external microphones and line-level sources, and a built-in speaker and stereo Headphone/Line Out jack provide audio monitoring; there’s even an HDMI output for video monitoring.
Its high-quality 160-degree wide-angle lens and flexible mounting options mean that you can shoot high-def video anywhere you go. Plus there’s a USB output that allows the Q8 to be interconnected with your computer so you can use it with your favorite streaming or editing software.
RUN AND GUN.
The compact size of the Q8 and its compatibility with both tripod mounts and three-prong action camera mounts mean you can shoot footage anywhere, from perspectives other cameras simply cannot capture. Take it to remote locations. Indoors or outdoors, wherever you go, you can count on your Q8 to deliver crisp video with superior audio.
UNIQUE PERSPECTIVE, PRO QUALITY.
Get creative and do it right. By bringing together high-definition video and high-resolution 24-bit/96k audio, the Q8 allows you to take your YouTube creations and podcasts to a whole new level.
- Detachable stereo X/Y microphone capsule (XYQ-8)
- Foam windscreen
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- USB cable (50 cm)
- Tripod to three-prong action camera mount adapter
- Lens cover
- Lens hood
- Operation manual
- Records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens with selectable viewing angles (F2.0/16.6mm)
- Uses a system of interchangeable microphone capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Supplied detachable stereo X/Y microphone (XYQ-8)
- Compatible with most Zoom microphone capsules (sold separately); not compatible with EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Input Capsule
- Full-color rotating LCD touchscreen
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Frame rates of up to 60fps for capturing fast action video and slow motion playback
- Up to four tracks of simultaneous audio recording
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Built-in speaker for fast monitoring
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing software
- Webcam and USB mic function for use with external devices such as computers and iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required)
- Direct monitoring for zero latency during use as a USB mic
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encorder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- SD card reader function
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter)
- Battery life of more than 2 hours
- General Specifications
- RECORDING MEDIA: SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (up to 128GB)
- IMAGE SENSOR: 1/3-inch 3-megapixel CMOS sensor
- LENS: Fixed focus (36cm - ∞) F2.0, focal distance approx. 16.6 mm (35mm equivalent)
- VIDEO FORMAT: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 (MOV)
- VIDEO RESOLUTIONS: 3M HD (2304 x 1296 pixels) 30fps, HD (1080 pixels) 30fps , HD (720 pixels) 60fps , HD (720 pixels) 30fps , WVGA 60fps , WVGA 30fps
- AUDIO FORMATS: WAV (16/24-bit quantization, 44.1/48/96kHz sampling frequency) , AAC (64-320kbps bit rate, 48kHz sampling
- AUDIO FUNCTIONS: Low-cut filter, compressor, limiter
- IMAGE FUNCTIONS: Digital zoom (1.0x-4.0x) , Scene selection (Auto/Concert Lighting/Night) , Self timer (Off, 3 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds)
- DISPLAY: 2.7" full-color LCD touchscreen
- BUILT-IN SPEAKER: 400mW 8 Ω mono speaker
- L/R inputs
- X/Y MIC (XYQ-8): 120° X/Y stereo format
- MAXIMUM SOUND PRESSURE INPUT: 140 dB SPL
- INPUT GAIN: ∞ to +52 dB
- EQUIVALENT INPUT NOISE: − 120 dBu or less
- INPUT 1/2 Input
- CONNECTORS: TRS/XLR combo jacks
- PHANTOM POWER: +12/+24/+48V (Global for INPUT 1 and 2)
- CONNECTORS: Combined line/headphones stereo mini-jack . Type D micro HDMI
- POWER SUPPLY: Lithium ion battery | DC 4.2V maximum voltage, | DC 3.7V nominal voltage, | 1700mAh capacity
- Battery recharging times:
- USB: 4 hours, 30 minutes (approximate)
- AC ADAPTER: 2 hours, 45 minutes (approximate)
- BATTERY OPERATION TIME: More than 2 hours (when recording 720p/30fps)
- MIC LOWERED: 158mm (L) x 48mm (W) x 69mm (H)
- MIC RAISED: 158mm (L) x 48mm (W) x 119mm (H)
- X/Y MIC (XYQ-8): 50mm (L) x 37mm (W) x 32mm (H)
- RECORDER: 260g / 9.2oz (without battery, capsule)
- XYQ-8 MIC CAPSULE: 40g / 1.4oz
- BATTERY: 40g / 1.4oz