The original Yamaha FS concert shape is a good fit for players who prefer a smaller body and slightly brighter sound to complement strumming and fingerpicking with 1960s aesthetics and modern craftsmanship culminating over 50 years of Yamaha guitar development.
- Scalloped FS Bracing Provides Warm, Powerful Tone with Deep Lows and Rich Harmonics
- Acoustic Resonance Enhancement (A.R.E.) Treatment Imparts the Sound and Sustain of Aged Wood
- All-Solid Construction with a Sitka Spruce Top, Mahogany Back and Sides
- Ebony Fingerboard, Bridge and End Pin
- Bone Nut and Saddle
- Made in Japan
- Hardshell Case Included
Classic V-Shaped Headstock
The guitar retains the original FG headstock shape, adorned with the iconic "tuning fork" logo. The traditional truss rod cover is emblazoned with "Since 1966" to mark the launch of the first FG models.
Solid Sitka Spruce Top
Commonly sourced from Canada and Alaska, solid Sitka spruce offers a rich midrange and low-frequency response. The sound is tight and focused, working particularly well for chordal strumming or rhythmic fingerstyle performance.
Solid Mahogany Back and Sides
Mahogany has a slower transient response than many other tonewoods, contributing to a warm and woody tone with strong midrange.
Bone Nut and Saddle
These made-in-Japan, five-tier instruments feature a bone nut and saddle. Bone is a harder material than urea, providing a more efficient transfer of energy from the strings to the neck and body.
The result is a louder and clearer sound.
In defining the sound of FG Red Label, our intention was to offer a warm tone that would be ideal for modern folk music and singer-songwriters.
With careful measurement and experimentation, we made several refinements that would enhance low-frequency response without compromising durability. These changes are optimized for the natural characteristics of the tonewoods and each body silhouette.
- Body Shape: Concert (Small)
- Scale Length: 634 mm (25”)
- Body Length: 497 mm (19 9/16")
- Total Length: 1021 mm (40 3/16")
- Body Width: 380 mm (14 15/16")
- Body Depth: 90-110 mm (3 9/16”- 4 5/16”)
- Nut Width: 44 mm (1 3/4”)
- String Spacing: 11 mm
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back Material: Solid Mahogany
- Side Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Material: African Mahogany
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: R400 mm (15 3/4")
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut Material: Bone
- Saddle Material: Bone
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Open-Gear Chrome (Y1D)
- Body Binding: Black + White
- Soundhole Inlay: Black + White
- Pickguard: Wooden Type
- Body Finish: Semigloss
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Electronics: None
- Controls: None
- Connections: None
- Strings: Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze Light
- Accessories: Hex Wrench
- Case: Hardshell Case
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.