- PA Passive Speaker Accessories
The CHR Series offers an ideal solution for anyone ready to step up their sound reinforcement game to a new level of professional quality, accuracy, and performance. Premium plywood cabinets finished in a tough polyurea coating provide durability not found on other loudspeakers in this class.
Each model in the series has been optimized to meet the demands of a variety of sound reinforcement applications, with a 10” model for fixed installation and utilities, a 12” model designed for use as a floor monitor, and a 15” version for FOH applications —all featuring carefully selected custom transducers. Combined with practical features adapted for their specific applications, the series gives you the flexibility to choose the ideal speaker for a wide variety of sonic environments. Isn’t it time you audition CHR quality and performance to improve your sound?
The CHR15 is a 2-way loudspeaker, equipped with a 15-inch woofer and a 1.4-inch HF driver, and perfect for use as a main speaker. Combining carefully selected and customized transducers with the same plywood construction found on Yamaha’s high-end CZR Series, the CHR15 offers best-in-class sound quality and durability.
Cabinet designs optimized for a range of audio environments
The CHR Series features a comprehensive lineup optimized to meet the demands of specific applications. The 10” model is equipped with a rotatable HF horn and a dedicated UB-DXRDHR10 U-bracket for use in fixed installations and utility, while the 12” model is the first Yamaha speaker to feature a coaxial compression driver for improved clarity and smoother frequency response for floor monitoring. The series is rounded out by a 15” model featuring dual-angle pole sockets and rigging points for use in fixed installations or as temporary main speakers for sound reinforcement.
Yamaha CHR10: Rotatable HF Horn & Optional U-bracket (UB-DXRDHR10)
CHR10: Rotatable HF Horn & Optional U-bracket (UB-DXRDHR10)
Yamaha CHR12M: Coaxial Compression Driver
CHR12M: Coaxial Compression Driver
Yamaha CHR15: Rigging points for standard eye bolts
CHR15: Rigging points for standard eye bolts
Custom Designed Transducers
The high power output woofers deliver well-defined, powerful bass with minimal distortion, while the 1.4” precision compression driver* produces accurate mid-range and high frequencies.
- * CHR12M features a 1.75” coaxial compression driver.
- Yamaha CHR Series: LF & HF transducer (CHR15, CHR10) LF & HF transducer (CHR15, CHR10)
- Yamaha CHR Series: 1.75” coaxial compression driver (CHR12M) 1.75” coaxial compression driver (CHR12M)
A Rugged, Highly Portable Cabinet
Yamaha CHR Series: A Rugged, Highly Portable Cabinet
The CHR series feature plywood enclosures like our acclaimed CZR loudspeakers to deliver outstanding durability and acoustic performance.
Intelligent processing to maximize system performance
Yamaha CHR Series: Intelligent processing to maximize system performance
When used in combination with Yamaha PX Series amplifiers or other compatible signal processors, CHR Series loudspeakers can take full advantage of dedicated speaker processor tuning settings.
- Featuring a plywood cabinet that delivers a clear sound with minimal vibration
- Plywood enclosure with a polyurea coating for a robust, scratch resistant surface
- Compact size despite the 15-inch LF driver that provides excellent low frequency response
- Dual-angle pole sockets offer both 0° or a -7° down tilt
- Rigging points for use with eye bolts
- Yamaha DSP equipped amplifiers or other compatible signal processors have dedicated speaker processor tuning settings to maximize system performance
- Speaker type 2-way Speaker, Bass-reflex
- Frequency range (-10dB) 49 Hz - 20 kHz
- Coverage area H90ﾟ x V60ﾟ
- Crossover 2.0 kHz
- Nominal impedance 8 Ω
- SPL Sensitivity (1W; 1m on axis) 95 dB SPL
- Peak (Calculated) 125 dB SPL
- Components LF Diameter: 15" cone, Voice Coil: 2.5", Magnet: Ferrite
- HF Diaphragm: 1.4", Type: 1" throat compression driver, Magnet: Ferrite
- Power rating NOISE 250 W
- PGM 500 W
- PEAK 1,000 W
- I/O connectors SpeakON NL4MP x 2 (Parallel)
- Cabinet material Plywood
- Finish Durable Polyurea Painting, Black
- Handle Side x2
- Pole socket Φ35 mm x2 (Bottom, 0° or -7°)
- Rigging Top x 2, Rear x 1 (Fit for M10 x 30 - 50 mm Eyebolts)
- Floor Monitor Angle -
- W 432 mm (17.0")
- H 692 mm (27.2") (with rubber feet)
- D 405 mm (15.9")
- Net weight 22.0 kg (48.5 lbs)
- Options -