- Inspection and Set-up
- Humidity Care
*These are stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
The AC5R ARE concert body cutaway guitar features all-solid rosewood back and sides and a hand-selected Sitka spruce top with original Yamaha A.R.E. wood-torrefaction te/chnology. Natural, dynamic, plugged-in tone from the SRT2 pickup system perfectly suit your performance on stage, and the made-in-Japan premium build quality will gratify advanced players' desires.
- Concert Body Cutaway
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top with A.R.E.
- Solid Rosewood Back and Sides
- Scalloped Bracing for Louder, Richer Acoustic Sound
- Natural, Dynamic, Plugged-in Sound by SRT2 System
- High-Comfort Neck Profile
- Simple and Distinctive Looks
- Elixir Strings
- Gotoh Open-Gear Tuners
- TUSQ Nut and Saddle
- Hardshell Case Included
- Made in Japan
- Body Shape Concert Body Cutaway
- Scale Length 650 mm (25 9/16")
- Body Length 497 mm (19 9/16")
- Total Length 1038 mm (40 7/8")
- Body Width 380 mm (14 15/16")
- Body Depth 100-120 mm (3 15/16" - 4 3/4")
- Nut Width 43 mm (1 11/16")
- String Spacing 11 mm
- Top Material Solid Sitka Spruce A.R.E. w/Scalloped Bracing
- Back Material Solid Rosewood
- Side Material Solid Rosewood
- Neck Material African Mahogany (3-ply)
- Fingerboard Material Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius R400 mm (15 3/4")
- Bridge Material Ebony
- Nut Material TUSQ
- Saddle Material TUSQ
- Bridge Pins Black ABS with White Dot
- Tuners Open Gear Chrome (Gotoh)
- Body Binding Mahogany + Cream
- Soundhole Inlay Rosewood + Mahogany + Black + White
- Pickguard Tortoise Pattern
- Body Finish Gloss
- Neck Finish Matte
- Electronics SYSTEM71(SRT2 System) + SRT Piezo Pickup
- Controls Vol/Mic Select(2 types)/Treble/Bass/SRT-Piezo Blend/AFR
- Connections LINE OUT
- Strings Elixir NANOWEB 80/20 Bronze Light
- Accessories Soundhole Cover, Hex Wrench
- Case Hardshell Case
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.
Acoustic guitars and ukulele are made of wood, and wood is sensitive to changes in climate. Shifts in temperature or relative humidity can affect your instrument in multiple ways, some of which can lead to costly repairs if you’re not careful. Solid woods in particular are especially prone to the effects of climate fluctuation. For example, extended exposure to low relative humidity (below 40% RH) can dry out the wood, causing it to shrink and run the risk of cracking. Similarly, excessive humidity can cause the wood to absorb moisture and swell, potentially causing other problems. Without adequate humidity control (especially in drier local climates), acoustic instruments can crack and their necks can warp, causing problems with fretting, intonation and playability.
So how do you prevent this kind of damage? Easy: by keeping your guitars and ukulele properly humidified (ideally between 40-60% RH). The easiest way to do this is by storing your instruments in a case with a case two-way humidifier inside. A two-way humidifier will slowly absorb or release moisture inside your case, maintaining humidity to help ensure your instrument doesn’t suffer damage. Using a digital hygrometer can help you monitor humidity levels around your instrument.
Symptoms of a dry acoustic instrument:
- Low action. Strings are very close to the fretboard.
- Hump on the fretboard where the neck joins the body.
- Sunken top across the soundboard between bridge and fingerboard.
- The back of instrument looks very flat when it is dried out.
- Sharp fret ends extend beyond the edge of the fretboard.
- The plane of the neck angle on a dry instrument hits above the top of the bridge.
Symptoms of a wet acoustic instrument:
- High action. Strings that are unusually high off the fretboard, making it difficult to play.
- Unusually swollen top
- Unusual warp on the top, back or both at the end-block
- Improper neck angle. Sighting the neck to the bridge, the frets will appear to hit below the bridge.
Using patented technology, the D’Addario Two-Way Humidification System features disposable, moisture-filled packets with a breathable membrane that provides two-way humidity control, meaning it can either release or absorb moisture to consistently maintain a predetermined relative humidity (RH) level of 45-50 percent.
Music Nomad the leader in equipment care products, has developed an easy to use, no mess, and low maintenance Ukulele humidifier. The Humilele rests securely on top of the strings to safely and evenly hydrate your Ukulele to avoid these problems.
Final Notes on Humidity Control
To monitor the amount of humidity your instrument is receiving, we recommend the purchase of a digital hygrometer, a device that gauges and provides a read-out of humidity levels. It can be kept in the room where you store your instruments, or, better yet, in a central location inside the instrument case, preferably Velcro’d to the outside of the accessories compartment (facing the heel). The optimal range for your guitars and ukulele is 45-55% RH.