One of the first GT guitars to be released in the context of an existing series, the GT 811e blends the dazzling sparkle and warmth of Indian rosewood with the unmatched playability of the GT’s comfortably compact frame. With its shorter body and scale length, the GT’s proportions are smaller than the Grand Concert but larger than the GS Mini, finding a sweet spot where comfort meets rich, solid-wood tone.
The superstar tonewood pairing of Indian rosewood back and sides with a Sitka spruce top delivers all the clarity and balance you’d expect from a full-size rosewood guitar, while its smaller footprint and shorter scale (24-⅛”) provide a slinkier feel that makes complex chords or arpeggio formations easier to hold. Under the hood, the GT 811e reflects Taylor’s envelope-pushing design approach—we’ve adapted the tone-enhancing benefits of V-Class bracing into a new pattern that provides similar increases in volume and sustain for the GT’s smaller frame. Called C-Class bracing, this interior architecture boosts the response in the bass range, yielding warmth and presence that a guitar of this size typically can’t produce.
This model is appointed to match its counterparts in the 800 Series, featuring maple binding with black purfling accents, a single-ring abalone rosette, a thin 4.5-mil gloss finish on the entire body, and mother-of-pearl fretboard and peghead inlays in our Element pattern. The GT 811e ships with built-in ES2 electronics for organic plugged-in tone and comes with our exclusive AeroCase, whose ultra-lightweight construction and padded walls provides ample protection.
- Taylor GT Shapes: Compact yet gifted with a bold voice, the GT’s scaled-down frame offers surprising tonal power and texture.
- Sitka Spruce Top Woods: The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
- Indian Rosewood Body Woods: The tonewood superstar. Popular, traditional, and versatile, Bob Taylor puts Indian rosewood among the greatest tonewoods ever.
- Expression System® 2Electronics: The Expression System® 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- Scale Length 24-1/8"
- Nut & Saddle Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Bracing C-Class
- Truss Rod Cover West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard Rosewood
- Number of Frets 20
- Tuners Taylor Nickel Mini
- Case Aerocase
- Brand of Strings Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Binding/Edge Treatment Rock Maple
- Top Finish Gloss 4.5
- Back Config 2-piece No Wedge
- Rosette Size Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish Gloss 4.5
- Rosette Material Abalone
- Neck Width 1-23/32"
- Fretboard Inlay Element
- Heel Cap Binding West African Crelicam Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint Scarf
- Neck/Heel Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish Satin
- Heel Length 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish Gloss
- Peghead Binding None
- Peghead Type Standard
- Peghead Purfling None
- Headstock Overlay Indian Rosewood
- Peghead Inlay Element
- Peghead Logo Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins West African Ebony with Green Abalone Dots
- Buttons Smoked Nickel
- Edge Trim Maple/Indian Rosewood
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.