The polyphonic SYNTH9 Synthesizer Machine transforms your guitar or bass with 9 presets that were precisely tuned to emulate the most sought after, vintage synthesizer sounds ever! From searing lead synths to spacey synth pads and deep, funky, synth bass grooves, it’s all accessible.
The SYNTH9 is also super easy to use with DRY volume, SYNTH volume, CTRL1 and CTRL2 knobs that provide precise control over each preset’s parameters.
If you dig the kind of classic synth sounds made famous on recordings by groups like ELP, EVH, Kraftwerk, Joy Division, P-Funk, Peter Gabriel and more, we think you’ll love the SYNTH9.
- Transforms the tone of your guitar or bass into that of a vintage synthesizer
- 9 presets that were created to emulate many of the most popular synthesizer sounds ever
- Works on guitar or bass without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation
- The SYNTH9’s usable tracking range extends up to about the 23rd fret on the high-E string of a standard guitar and down to the open A-string on a bass guitar
- Use the SYNTH9 with a B9 or C9 Organ Machine as well as the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine and MEL9 Tape Replay Machine to create your own mega-keyboard setup
- EHX 9.6VDC-200mA power supply included
- Current Draw: 100mA @ 9VDC
- Dimensions in inches: 4.0 (w) x 4.75 (l) x 2.25 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 102 (w) x 121 (l) x 58 (h)
- DRY VOL KNOB: The DRY VOL knob controls the volume of the untreated instrument signal present at the SYNTH OUTPUT jack.
- SYNTH VOL KNOB: For all presets except MINI MOOD, the SYNTH VOL knob controls the overall volume of the selected preset at the SYNTH OUTPUT jack. In MINI MOOD,
- SYNTH VOL controls the volume of the non-portamento synthesizer; CTRL 1 controls the volume of the portamento synthesizer.
- CTRL 1 & CTRL 2 KNOBS: See the preset descriptions on the following pages for details.
- PRESET KNOB: Turn the white numbered knob to select a preset sound.
- INPUT JACK: Plug your instrument or the output of another effects pedal into this ¼” jack. See Tips 1 & 2 on the following page for more on connecting your SYNTH9.
- DRY OUTPUT JACK: The DRY OUTPUT jack outputs the signal present at the INPUT jack through a buffer circuit. In either EFFECT or BYPASS mode, the dry signal is always present at the DRY OUTPUT jack.
- SYNTH OUTPUT JACK: The SYNTH OUTPUT jack outputs the mix set by the DRY and SYNTH volume controls. In BYPASS mode, SYNTH OUTPUT outputs the buffered bypass signal.
- BYPASS FOOTSWITCH: Press the BYPASS footswitch to toggle the SYNTH OUTPUT jack between buffered BYPASS and EFFECT mode. The status LED lights when you are in EFFECT mode.