The MX184 premium supercardioid lavalier microphone brings a new level of sophistication to personal voice reproduction. Like all Microflex family microphones, this lavalier uses an interchangeable condenser cartridge, meaning there will always be a lavalier to suit your application.
What is the MX184 best suited to?
The MX184 supercardioid miniature lavalier condenser microphone is designed for use in speech applications such as broadcast presenting, speeches, lectures and for use in houses of worship.
What is an interchangeable cartridge?
All the Microflex series of microphones use interchangeable cartridges (sold separately) which means you can swap between cardioid, supercardioid and omnidirectional condenser cartridges simply by screwing them on to the top of the lavalier mic.
Want to go wireless?
The MX184 is designed for wired use and includes an in-line preamplifier and a 1.2m cable with TA4F connector. If you wish to go wireless, choose the WL184 which is the same microphone but without the pre-amplifier and connects directly into any Shure wireless bodypack.
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate sound reproduction across the audio spectrum
- Interchangeable cartridges that provide an optimal choice for each application
- Rotatable tie-clip that pivots in 90 degree increments for placement flexibility
- Supplied snap-fit foam windscreen that controls breath noise and stays on securely
- Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise over long cable runs
- Supplied dual tie clip holds two microphones for dual miking applications
- Type Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response See Figure 2 50 to 17,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern See Figure 3
- MX183: Omnidirectional
- MX184: Supercardioid
- MX185: Cardioid
- Output Impedance EIA rated at 150 Ω (180 Ω actual)
- Open Circuit Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, ref. 1V/Pascal*)
- MX183: –27.5 dB (42.2 mV)
- MX184: –33.5 dB (21.1 mV)
- MX185: –35.0 dB (17.0 mV)
- *1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL
- Max SPL (1kHz at 1%THD, 1 kΩ load)
- MX183: 116.7 dB
- MX184: 122.7 dB
- MX185: 124.2 dB
- Equivalent Output Noise (A-weighted)
- MX183: 20.5 dB
- MX184: 26.5 dB
- MX185: 28.0 dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL)
- MX183: 73.5 dB
- MX184: 67.5 dB
- MX185: 66.0 dB
- Dynamic Range at 1 kΩ load 96.2 dB
- Power Requirements 11 to 52 Vdc phantom, 2.0 mA
- Common Mode Rejection 45.0 dB minimum
- Polarity - Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector.
- Environmental Conditions
- Operating Temperature Range: -18 to 57 C (0 to 135 F)
- Storage Temperature Range: -29 to 74 C (–20 to 165 F)
- Shielded 1.2 meter (4 ft.) cable terminated with a 4-Pin
- Female Mini Connector (TA4F)
- CERTIFICATION - Eligible to bear CE Marking. Conforms to European EMC Directive 89/336/EEC. Meets applicable tests and performance criteria in European Standard EN55103 (1996) parts 1 and 2, for residential (E1) and light industrial (E2) environments