A versatile bass trombone, the Q36YR feature the clarity of sound and projection for which S.E. Shires instruments are famed. The QYB bell features a 9.5-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QII” taper in yellow or gold brass with soldered bead, giving this trombone a clear, singing tone with excellent projection and clarity with a full, deep low register and broad sound. The wide, .562 bore handslide in standard weight yellow brass results in a broad sound that retains clarity, color, and projection. The nickel handslide crook gives crispness and brilliance to the articulations. The independent rotary valves retain focus throughout all registers without sacrificing comfort or clarity in the valve register. This independent valve system allows for more flexibility of choice in valve and slide position choices. At home in any ensemble, the Q36YR bass trombone is an excellent choices for any situation.
- QBY bell: 9.5-inch, two-piece, hand-hammered “QII” taper in lightweight yellow or gold brass with soldered bead
- Independent F/G♭ rotary valves
- Q62 handslide: .562-inch, standard-weight yellow brass; nickel-silver crook
- QYB tuning slide
- Three interchangeable yellow brass leadpipes
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark and traditional floral pattern
- Includes Q Series bass case, mouthpiece, and care kit