Shima Ukulele is a family-owned and operated business founded by ukulele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro, who exclusively plays Kamaka Ukuleles, and his brother, a fellow artist and teacher, Bruce Shimabukuro in 2018. Born from a shared passion of making quality ukulele accessible for anyone interested in learning to play, Shima Ukulele has a concert-quality sound and feel at an affordable price. The instrument was designed by Jake who took great care to ensure that playability and tone quality were not compromised with Shima Ukulele’s lower price point. Sustainable mahogany was selected for its consistent tonal character and each instrument is dressed with a custom D’Addario Pro Arte string set to help achieve a warm, consistent tone.
*Ukulele features Jake Shimabukuro's autograph
- A portion of all Shima Ukulele proceeds will be used to support music in education.
- Jake Shimabukuro Wideneck Soprano Ukulele With Tenor Range
- Body: Soprano-sized laminated mahogany
- Neck: Okoume wood
- Fretboard: Longneck soprano (15”)
- Number of Frets: 18 (14 clear)
- Nut: Bone
- Bridge: Reconstituted rosewood with inset bone saddle
- Tuning Machines: Geared
- Strings: D'Addario
- Finish: Satin