- Studio Accessories
Authentic TR-606. And so much more.
The TR-06 is a detailed replica of the classic Roland TR-606—with some major modern upgrades. Our new Roland Boutique version has the distinctive tone and iconic look of the original, with more sound-shaping options, innovative sequencing capabilities, and an array of triggers for driving modular gear.
What if you could…
The sound of the 606 is unique in the TR family and the backbone of numerous classic and underground tracks. But while many love its distinctive tone, it wasn't especially versatile. The TR-06 reimagines the original with new sound-crafting potential and plush onboard effects. Control tuning, decay, and pan for each instrument, or crank up the internal gain, pushing the circuit model into warm overdrive or aggressive distortion. The onboard compressor adds warmth and punch, while the tempo delay creates depth and space from subtle repeats to controlled chaos.
Like the original, the step sequencer in the TR-06 is familiar and straightforward, so you can bang out any type of beat quickly and easily. And now it's been updated with advanced features like adjustable sub-steps for ratcheted parts, step-loop for instant pattern slicing, and per-step probability for beats that never get boring.
Many modular and tabletop rigs are missing a good drum sequencer that's convenient and easy to use. The TR-06 has five trigger outs and a trigger in, so it's easy to interface with other gear, sparking new ideas and creative possibilities. Sequencing is fast and fluid, and you can mix and layer your external modules with the TR-06's internal sounds for massive rhythmic sequences.
Built tough and ready for anything.
Like other Roland Boutiques, the TR-06 is sturdy and well-constructed with a solid metal top and a color-matched case with three tilt options. It's a high-quality USB audio interface for quick and easy recording with your computer and can run on standard AA batteries for hours of uninhibited jamming. It even has a built-in speaker, because you never know what life might throw your way.
Hardware meets software.
Pair the TR-06 with the TR-606 Software Rhythm Composer available on Roland Cloud and enjoy the benefits of easy hardware and software integration. The TR-606 plug-in has expanded sequencing capabilities, and the TR-06's knobs are pre-mapped for intuitive, hands-on workflow.
- Detailed recreation of the vintage Roland TR-606 using Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) modeling
- Authentic sound and iconic look of the original
- Expanded sound-shaping options with tuning, decay, pan, gain, and more
- Onboard compressor, delay, and overdrive effects
- Advanced sequencer with sub-steps, probability, and step-loop
- Five trigger outputs and one trigger input for easy integration with modular and other gear
- Color-matched DK-01 case with three tilt options
- Sturdy and portable with solid construction and a metal top
- Runs on four AA batteries or USB bus power
- User Memory
- Patterns: 128 (16 patterns x 8 banks)
- Tracks: 8
- Steps 32 steps
- Sequencer Functions
- STEP LOOP
- INTRO / FILL IN
- SUBSTEP PROBABILITY
- MASTER PROBABILITY
- BD: BASS DRUM*
- SD: SNARE DRUM*
- LT: LOW TOM*
- HT: HI TOM*
- CY: CYMBAL*
- OH: OPEN HI HAT
- CH: CLOSED HI HAT
- * Variation sounds included
- VOLUME knob
- RUN/STOP button
- PATTERN CLEAR button
- MENU/SUB STEP button
- STEP LOOP button
- FUNCTION button
- TEMPO button
- STEP buttons (1-16)
- PATTERN GROUP button and indicators
- TAP/STEP RESET button
- SCALE selector switch
- INSTRUMENT selector knob
- MODE selector knob
- VALUE knob
- Instrument Level knobs (AC, BD, SD, LT/HT, CY, OH/CH)
- Effect knobs (DRIVE, TIME, DEPTH)
- Delay Effects: DELAY, PAN DELAY, TAPE-ECHO, REVERB, FLANGER, SIDE BAND FILTER
- Drive Effects: SATURATOR, BIT CRUSHER, DISTORTION, LPF/HPF
- Indicators 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- TRIGGER IN jack: mono miniature phone type
- TRIGGER OUT jack x 5 (AC, BD, SD, LT, HT): mono miniature phone type
- PHONES jack: stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT jack: stereo miniature phone type
- MIX IN jack: stereo miniature phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: Micro-B type (Audio, MIDI)
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- USB bus power
- Current Draw 500 mA (USB bus power)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: Approx. 5 hours
- * This can vary depending on the specifications of the batteries, capacity of the batteries, and the conditions of use.
- Boutique Dock: DK-01 (Silver)
- Owner's Manual
- DK-01 Owner's Manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- 308 (W) x 130 (D) x 52 (H) mm
- 12-1/8 (W) x 5-1/8 (D) x 2-1/16 (H) inches
- Weight (including batteries and Boutique Dock)
- 1.2 kg
- 2 lbs 11 oz