THE FLAGSHIP TABLETOP LOOPER, NOW MORE POWERFUL THAN EVER
Infinitely inspiring, the RC-505 Loop Station has become an essential performance instrument for beatboxers, singers, and club performers around the world. Filled with new features requested by top users, the Version 2.0 update brings even more creative power to the flagship tabletop looper. Simultaneous effects can now be used in the Input FX and Track FX sections, and a number of new effects types are included. Many refinements to the loop functionality offer a multitude of ways to enhance and improve live performances. The control target functions have been greatly expanded as well, providing a wealth of external control options for musicians who loop with guitars, keyboards, and other instruments.
Five Stereo Tracks with Dedicated Controls
The RC-505 features five stereo phrase tracks that can play simultaneously, the most yet in a BOSS Loop Station. Independent record/overdub/play and stop buttons for each track let you capture and control loop performances with your fingertips, and dedicated volume faders allow you to mix loop levels on the fly.
Powerful FX Onboard
With the RC-505’s large selection of built-in effects, it’s easy to enhance your sounds as you perform. Input FX allow you to process the sound during loop recording, while Track FX provide further processing options for phrase playback. Six dedicated on/off buttons—three each for Input FX and Track FX—can be loaded with your favorite effects, while grab-and-go knobs let you tweak parameters such as filter cutoff and effect depth in real time.
Phrase Memories and Rhythms
99 phrase memories provide onboard storage for phrase track data, various playback and effects settings, and more. A combination of frequently used settings can be saved as a User Set, which you can easily load to quickly reconfigure any phrase memory, even in the heat of performing.
Audio Inputs and USB
There’s an XLR microphone jack with phantom power, mono/stereo ¼-inch inputs for guitars, synths, or other instruments, and a mini-jack for connecting a smartphone or other stereo device. Via USB, you can plug into your computer and import/export WAV audio phrases, great for loop archiving or loading up phrases with live backing tracks or sounds for sampler-style triggering. The RC-505 also functions as a USB audio/MIDI interface, making it easy integrate with music software for stage performing with a laptop, audio recording, MIDI sync, and more.
Customized Looping Control
The RC-505 lets you set up customized real-time controls, extending your command of looping and many other operations. With the Version 2.0 update, you can specify up to 16 different functions and access them in a variety of ways—with front-panel controls, an external expression pedal or footswitches, and/or various MIDI CC messages.
- Tabletop Loop Station that can be operated with the hands, perfect for beatboxers, vocalists, and club performers
- Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks, with dedicated controls and independent volume faders
- Wide range of Input FX and Track FX for processing loops, including DJ and sampler-style effects
- Independent play mode and tempo sync settings enable a flexible combination of track behaviors and advanced performance options
- 99 phrase memories, each containing five phrase tracks, custom effects/playback settings, and more
- 85 onboard rhythm patterns, including odd-measure beats
- External control via MIDI and optional footswitches or expression pedal
- USB for phrase import/export and DAW integration with computers
- XLR mic input with phantom power, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and stereo aux input
- Version 2.0: Newly Added Features
- Up to three effects can be used simultaneously in both the Input FX and Track FX sections
- New effects types, including Ring Modulator, Slow Gear, Pitch Bend, and others
- Extended parameters added to previous effects, including dotted and triplet note values for tempo syncing
- New targets for external foot control, ideal for musicians who play guitar, keyboards, and other instruments
- Assign functions have been increased from 8 to 16, providing expanded performance control via the front panel, external footswitches, expression pedal, and MIDI
- Enhanced Phrase Memory functions such as individual track monitoring via headphones, quantized loop recording, and more
- Added system functions, including loop indicator status settings and more
- INPUT MIC jack: XLR type (balanced, phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA Max)
- INPUT INST (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- INPUT AUX jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- PHONES jack: 1/4-inch Stereo phone type
- LINE OUTPUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch Stereo phone type
- CTL 1, 2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB port: USB Type B
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- DC IN jack (PSA Power Supply)
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width 16-9/16 inches
- Depth 8-5/16 inches
- Height 2-11/16 inches
- Weight 3 lbs. 2 oz.