Since the release of the JUPITER-4 in 1978, the name JUPITER has marked the pinnacle of Roland sound and playability. Roland synthesizers with the JUPITER name carry our most advanced sound technologies, are supremely playable, and are built from premium materials.
JUPITER-Xm combines classic Roland design and premium build quality with a powerful new synth engine. It faithfully recreates sought-after instruments from our long history of genre-defining sounds. And with multiple layers, loads of polyphony, and deep hands-on control, you can craft huge, spacious sounds that have as much sparkle as they have warmth and punch.
Classic analog to vintage digital. And beyond.
JUPITER-Xm is equipped with our latest sound engine, capable of morphing into legendary synths from our long history of genre-defining sounds. It’s so flexible that it can reproduce our highly sought-after analog classics like the JUPITER-8, JUNO-106, and SH-101, as well as digital machines like the vintage XV-5080 and modern RD pianos. You also get the many Roland drum machines that are the foundation of electronic and dance music like the TR-808, TR-909, CR-78, and more.
Need something wonderful, fast? JUPITER-Xm’s I-Arpeggio is a next generation arpeggiator that uses artificial intelligence to not just accompany you, but to inspire you. I-Arpeggio takes your input—notes, rhythms, phrases—and creates complementary drum parts, basslines, chords, and arpeggiated lines. It works on each of JUPITER-Xm’s five parts simultaneously, and generated patterns can be customized and even exported to your DAW.
Find the sweet spots.
In addition to its informative display, JUPITER-Xm has an array of large, comfortable knobs, sliders, and buttons. They feel sturdy and precise for incredibly smooth sweeps and subtle changes. And with the dedicated effects section and quick switching between synth layers, you can immediately take control of any aspect of a sound.
The power of polyphony.
JUPITER-Xm can layer up to five parts, four for synths and one for drums. Its engine can power multiple authentic Roland classics like the JX-8P or JUPITER-8 with enough polyphony to create thick layers and complex backing parts.
The freedom of wireless.
With JUPITER-Xm, you have the freedom to create, perform, and produce without any cables or clutter. It operates for hours on batteries, has powerful room-filling speakers which can also play audio over Bluetooth, and even controls soft synths on computers and iPad with Bluetooth MIDI.
So portable. So playable.
Too often you must sacrifice playability and expression for something easily portable. JUPITER-Xm strikes a perfect balance with an all-new 37-key slim keyboard that redefines what a compact keyboard can be.
Hardware. Software. Anywhere.
Nothing beats a dedicated, purpose-built instrument for hands-on sound design or fueling inspired performances. Software, however, offers a spacious interface for detailed editing, integration with your DAW, and the ability to create anywhere.
- Keyboard 37 Keys (compact type with velocity)
- Sound Generator
- Various MODEL sound generators
- Parts 5 parts (Play part: 4, Rhythm part: 1)
- Preset tone: 4,000 or greater
- User tone: 256
- Drum Kit: 90 or greater
- Scene 256
- Multi-Effects: 4 systems, 90 types
- Part EQ: 5 systems
- Reverb: 7 types
- Chorus: 4 types
- Delay: 5 types
- Mic NS / Comp
- Master EQ / Comp
- Arpeggiator I-ARPEGGIO (Multi parts arpeggiator with playing detection)
- Arpeggio Parts 5 parts
- Pitch Bend Wheel
- Modulation Wheel
- Assignable Slider x 2
- Assignable Switch x 3
- Ver 4.2
- Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), GATT (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy)
- Codec: SBC (Support to the content protection of the SCMS-T method)
- Display Graphic LCD 128 x 64 dots
- Speaker Amplifier Power Output 4 W x 2
- Full range (3.5 x 8 cm) x 2
- Tweeter 2 cm x 2
- HEADPHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type (front), Stereo 1/4-inch phone type (rear)
- MAIN OUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- MAIN OUT jacks (L, R): XLR type
- MIC INPUT jack: 1/4 inch phone type/XLR type
- AUX INPUT jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- HOLD PEDAL jack
- CONTROL PEDAL jack
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB COMPUTER port (AUDIO/MIDI)
- USB MEMORY port
- DC IN jack
- External Memory USB Flash drive (sold separately)
- Power Supply DC 12 V: AC adaptor or rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 8
- Current Draw 1,500 mA
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor (PSB-5U)
- Power cord
- Options (sold separately)
- Pedal Switch: DP series
- Expression Pedal: EV-5
- USB Flash drive (*)
- * Use a commercially available USB flash drive. However, we cannot guarantee that all commercially available USB flash drives will work.
- SIZE AND WEIGHT
- 576 mm
- 22-11/16 inches
- 308 mm
- 12-1/8 inches
- 93 mm
- 3-11/16 inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor, Batteries)
- 4.4 kg
- 9 lbs 12 oz