- System Requirements
- Studio Accessories
Work faster and smarter.
Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort 8 augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort 8 handles the features you want to get your fingers on, allowing you to customize your workflow. Large, illuminated buttons make finding the function you need quick and easy. Eight digital scribble strips provide visual feedback. And if you select a track with your mouse, the FaderPort 8 will follow your selection, giving you yet another way to get to the function you need, right when you need it. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!
Work faster and smarter.
Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort 8 augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort 8 handles the features you want to get your fingers on, allowing you to customize your workflow. Large, illuminated buttons make finding the function you need quick and easy. Eight digital scribble strips provide visual feedback.
Universal compatibility. Integrated with Ableton Live.
While compatible with most third-party software, FaderPort 8 offers deeper integration with Ableton Live (version 10.1.5 and later). Navigate clips and scenes, change track volume and panning, and switch between Session and Arranger views, the FaderPort 8 will help you work faster than ever.
Built for Studio One.
The optimized mode for PreSonus Studio One® will revolutionize your workflow in PreSonus' award-winning DAW (Studio One Artist included). Use the Session Navigator to quickly move and nudge events in the Arranger window.
Make your own magic.
We include Studio One Artist with every audio interface and controller product we make. Also included here is the 2021 Studio Magic includes Ableton Live Lite, tutorials from Melodics, sound libraries from Ghost Hack, 7 virtual instruments, and 9 effects plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats to use in Studio One 5 Artist or your DAW of choice with a retail value of over $1000 (US).
- 8 touch-sensitive, 100 mm long-throw, motorized faders
- 8 Scribble Strip displays
- Complete recording-transport controls: Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop
- Drop Marker Next / Prev Marker Next / Prev Event
- General session controls: Undo / Redo, All Arm, Solo / Mute Clear, Track Management, Click On / Off with tap tempo
- Session Navigator provides quick control over track scrolling, channel banking, timeline scrolling, and much more
- Channel Controls: Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls: Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Optional Fader functionality: plug-in edit, bus sends, pan
- macOS® / Windows® compatible with native Studio One® support and HUI and Mackie Control Universal emulation *
- Footswitch input for hands-free start / stop
- USB 2.0 connectivity
- macOS® 10.13 or higher (64-bit only)
- Intel® Core™ i3 or better
- Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- Intel Core i3 / AMD A10 or better recommended
- Windows and Mac Systems
- FaderPort 8 firmware 1.0.1 or later (requires Universal Control v.1.8.3 or later)
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection required for driver and bundled software installation
- Universal Control v.1.8.3 or later (for firmware updates)
- PreSonus FaderPort 8 has been tested and approved to work with the following software:
- Native Mode
- PreSonus® Studio One® 3.5.3 or later
- HUI Emulation
- Supported by Pro Tools 12 or later
- Mackie Universal Control Emulation*
- Supported by Logic, Cubase, Nuendo, Sonar, and Ableton
- Input / Output
- 1 USB 2.0 port
- 1 Footswitch jack for hands-free stop/start
- 8 100 mm long-throw, touch-sensitive, motorized faders
- Dual-servo motorized drive belt system for fast and quiet operation
- Ultra-smooth feel and lightning fast
- Heavy-duty construction
- Resolution: 10-bit, 1,024 steps
- Buttons and Knobs
- General Controls Undo/Redo, Arm All, Solo/Mute Clear, Timecode, Track Management, Click On/Off, 4 programmable User buttons, 8 Function buttons, Macro, Parameter Link, Bypass Plug-ins
- Channel Controls Level, Pan, Solo, Mute, Select, Rec Arm
- Automation Controls Touch, Latch, Trim, Write, Read, Off
- Optional Fader Functionality Plug-in Edit, Bus Sends, Pan
- Window View Mix, Project, Transport, Undo
- Transport Play, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewind, Record, Loop, Return to Zero (Functionality varies slightly depending on the DAW.)
- Navigation Track Scroll, Channel Banking, Timeline Scroll, Horizontal Zoom, Vertical Zoom, Drop Marker, Next/Prev Marker, Next/Prev Event, Nudge
- Console Management Show/Hide: Audio Tracks, Inputs, MIDI Tracks, Buses, Outputs, VCAs, FX; Show All
- Displays 8 digital scribble strip displays, timecode display, channel meters
- 12 VDC, 2A external power supply
- Height 2.25" (57.2 mm)
- Depth 11.85" (301 mm)
- Width 13.15" (334 mm)
- Weight 5 lbs. (2.3 kg)