Thunderbolt™ 3 brings data transfers at speeds up to 40Gbps over USB-C, enabling a superset of standard USB-C to truly enable one compact port that does it all – delivering the fastest, most versatile connection to any dock, display, or data device. For the first time, one port can connect numerous Thunderbolt devices, any display, and billions of USB devices (additional adapters may be required). Thunderbolt 3 cables are primarily used for connecting Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C enabled devices such as hard drives, docking stations, NVMe SSD drives, peer-to-peer networking and high-resolution external displays.
- Supports Thunderbolt™ 3 40Gbps of bandwidth with compatible systems and accessories and all USB generations; USB 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and USB 3.1 Gen 1/Gen 2 over USB Type-C
- Dual 4K@60Hz video outputs (or a single 5120×2880@60Hz output)
- Daisy chain up to 6 Thunderbolt devices including docking stations, external graphics cards, and displays
- Wire gauge and electronic marking support up to 5A charging via USB-IF Power Delivery charging standard (5V-20V, 100W max)
- Thunderbolt 3 peer-to-peer 10Gbit networking
Please note that this cable is incompatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge and other (non USB-IF Power Delivery) “Fast Charge” technologies.