- Bass Guitar Accessories
- Inspection and Set-up
*These areÂ stock photos. For actual photos of the instrument, please contact us.
The first bass designed by Ernie Ball Music Man, the Stingray 5 was unveiled in 1987 and has been an industry standard for extended range basses ever since. With its powerful punchy sound, the added flexibility of additional pickups, and a comfortably contoured body, the StingRay 5 satisfies even the most demanding of players.
- Model: 5 String - HH
- Color: Speed Blue
- Neck: Maple w/Rosewood Fretboard
- Pickguard: White Pearloid
- Hardware: Chrome
NEODYMIUM HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
18 VOLT, 3 BAND EQ ACTIVE PREAMP
ROASTED MAPLE NECK AND COMPENSATED NUT
REIMAGINED. REBUILT FROM THE GROUND UP.
Optimized, modernized, yet so familiar, the new StingRay bass is tailor-made for todayâ€™s most discerning players.
5-BOLT SCULPTED NECK JOINT
The sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets atop roasted maple necks.
REFINED BODY CONTOURS
Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay sound.
REVOICED. POWERFUL NEODYMIUM PICKUPS
The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of sounds
NEW 18-VOLT PREAMP
A newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones.
REBORN. LIGHTWEIGHT PERFORMANCE.
The overall reduction in weight is a much-welcomed feature of the new Stingray Special. Select body woods, improved contours, and lightweight hardware provide greater overall balance for extra comfort and a more enjoyable playing experience.
Reengineered lightweight tuning machines create a more balanced neck while still providing ultra-reliable tuning stability.
- Model: StingRay 5 Special
- Size: 13-3/8" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 45-3/4" long (34.0 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 116.2 cm long)
- Body Wood: Select Hardwoods
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music ManÂ® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Pickguard: Black, White, Mint, or White Pearloid (dependent on body color)
- Scale Length: 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius: 11" (27.9 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 9" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-3/4"" (69.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Fretted - Maple, Rosewood, or Ebony (dependent on body color)
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Standard â€“ Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Switching: Single Pickup - 3-way lever pickup selector; Dual Pickup - 5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: Standard - Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets; Optional - Dual Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Left Handed: No
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w-130w (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.