First introduced in 1976, the StringRay has been revered as one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. The StingRay was the first production four string bass to feature onboard active equalization. The flagship of the Music Man line, today's StringRay is the same as it was some forty years ago, featuring a solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever-popular Music Man humbucker -- all of which combine to produce a look, feel, and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.
- 5-Bolt Sculpted Neck Joint: The sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets atop roasted maple necks.
- Refined Body Contours: Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay sound.
- Powerful Neodymium Pickups: The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of sounds
- New 18-Volt Preamp: A newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones.
- Lightweight Performance: Weighing in at an average of only eight and a half pounds, the StingRay is lighter than ever but still packs its signature punch.
- Re-engineered Hardware: Re-engineered lightweight tuning machines create a more balanced neck while still providing ultra-reliable tuning stability.
- Model: StingRay Special
- Size: 13-1/2" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 44-7/8" long
- Body Wood: Select Hardwoods
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Scale Length: 34"
- Neck Radius: 11"
- Headstock Size: 8-3/4" long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, wide, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width: 1-11/16" at nut 2-1/2" at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Fretted - Ebony
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Standard - Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Black plated aluminum control cover
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
Switching: Single Pickup - N/A; Dual Pickup - 5-way lever pickup selector
Pickups - Standard - Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets; Optional - Dual Humbucking with neodymium magnets
- Strings: 45w-65w-80w-100w (Super Slinky Bass #2834)