The Sub Octave Bass Fuzz dishes out thunderous low end with earth-shaking fuzz. To create this sonic behemoth, MXR's engineers combined the Growl section of the Bass Octave Deluxe with a long-forgotten fuzz circuit. With three separate output level controls for the fuzz, sub octave, and dry signals, you can create your own recipe of subterranean tones without sacrificing any of your instrument's natural sound. Further versatility comes in the form of the fuzz section's tone controls and two switchable voices-warm and compressed or bright and aggressive-along with the Mid Level control, which allows you to give your dry signal some more punch in the midrange.
- BYPASS footswitch toggles effect on/bypass (white LED indicates on)
- TREBLE knob cuts/boosts fuzz signal's high end frequencies
- BASS knob cuts/boosts fuzz signal's low end frequencies
- GAIN knob controls intensity of fuzz signal
- FUZZ switch toggles between two fuzz modes
- FUZZ knob controls volume of fuzz signal
- SUB OCTAVE knob controls volume of sub octave signal
- MID + LEVEL knob sets amount of dry signal's midrange boost
- DRY knob controls volume of unaffected dry signal
- OCTAVE footswitch toggles sub octave signal on/off (blue LED indicates on)
The Sub Octave Bass Fuzz is powered by a 9-volt battery, a Dunlop ECB003 9-volt adapter or the DC Brick and Iso-Brick power supplies.