Have you ever wanted your tone to soar like a majestic eagle in a vast canyon? Perhaps you are a simpler mortal and just want your tone to echo like the cries of a sparrow in a small room... Now you can do both like a champ plus a whole lot more! Welcome to the Levitation™ reverberation machine!
This Levitation device is a vintage-voiced reverb that aims to fit somewhere between dirty sixties chambers, classic spring and the big, ringing plate reverbs of days gone by. Four knobs and one switch control quite a bit more than you’d expect. Want a slap back small room sound? Set all of your controls to the minimum and use the mix to dial in the sound of room devoid of any thing but a guitar and amp. Want to revel in infinite spatial oscillations? Flip the toggle to Long, turn up the Atmosphere and Decay then tune out. Dial in a bright chiming slap back by turning the Tone all the way counterclockwise and reducing the Decay. Dime everything for a rattling, full-bandwidth assault. You are only limited by your imagination!
- Mix: This controls how much wet signal is blended in with the dry. More reverb clockwise, less counterclockwise.
- Length (Toggle): Broad stroke control for decay time. Shorter to left, longer to the right.
- Decay: Controls the length of the reverb decay. Longer clockwise, shorter counterclockwise.
- Tone: This is an input bandwidth control for the reverberated signal. All the way clockwise reduces all low end content to make a brighter reverb, turning counterclockwise allows more low end to pass through resulting in a fuller reverberated tone.
- Atmosphere: This is a harmonic regeneration control, it feeds the upper frequencies of the reverb trails back through to create a more harmonic (ringing) reverb. More atmosphere clockwise, less counterclockwise.
- Dimensions: 4.75 x 2.50 x 2.25 in. (121 x 64 x 57 mm) with knobs
- Current Draw: 72 mA
- Input Impedance: 1 MΩ
- Output Impedance: <10 kΩ
- Flexi-Switch® Technology
- This device features Flexi-Switch® Technology! This relay-based, true bypass switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching.
- For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass.
- For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as you’d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
- Since the switching is relay based, it requires power to pass signal.
- This device takes a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. DO NOT RUN AT HIGHER VOLTAGES!