- What's Included
- Inspection and Set-up
- Humidity Care
*These are stock photos. Actual color and pattern may vary.The BLUE LAVA Original is the perfect travel-ready guitar for the modern musician. With a 3.75lb ultra-light body and a compact 36" size, you can take it anywhere without sacrificing sound quality. The guitar's solid HPL material provides all-day weather resistance, making it the ideal choice for outdoor performances. The onboard effects powered by the L2 Preamp with FreeBoost technology allow you to shape your sound with ease, without having to plug in. The 4-MASS technology in the BLUE LAVA Original provides superior acoustics for a full, bright tone. The ergonomic neck with a thin heel and 2.3mm string height provides excellent playability, making it comfortable to press strings, no matter the fret. The package includes the BLUE LAVA Original, AirFlow Bag, Micro USB(to A) Cable, Cleaning Cloth, and Ideal Pick Flow. Get ready to hit the road and make music with the BLUE LAVA Original guitar.
- 3.7lb ultra-light body and 36â€³ space efficient size
- Solid HPL material offering all-day weather resistance
- Onboard effects powered by L2 Preamp with FreeBoost
- 4-MASS technology for superior acoustics
- Ergonomic neck with thin heel and 2.3mm string height
- BLUE LAVA Original
- AirFlow Bag
- Micro USB(to A) Cable
- Cleaning Cloth
- Ideal Pick Flow
With a 3.75lb light body and a 36" space efficient size, you're ready to hit the road any moment.
Hassle-free Onboard Effects
Featuring FreeBoost technology, the L2 preamp allows you to shape sounds using the onboard chorus, delay, and reverb, without even plugging in.
The 4-MASS technology in BLUE LAVA Original makes the guitar top, body, neck, and internal air resonate in perfect unison to produce a full, bright tone.
Ergonomic neck shape, thin heel, and 2.3mm string height make strings comfortable to press, no matter lower or higher frets.
All-day Weather Resistance
Built with solid HPL material, BLUE LAVA Original is weatherproof and splash-resistant, offering a carefree experience wherever you play.
- Fretboard Radius 15.75(inch) R
- Bag Material Water-resistant high gloss Polyester
- Outer box size 41.73*16.93*9.45inch 12.57lb
- Strings Spacing 0.09-0.1inch
- Scale Length 23.5-inch
- Strings Material Phosphor Bronze 12-053
- Binding 45Â°cutting
- Brace Material Spruce
- Side Material HPL
- Back Material HPL
- Top Material HPL
- Bridge Material HPL
- Frets Size 0.05-inch height0.1-inch width
- Frets Number 18
- Frets Material Copper-nickel alloy
- Construction Mechanical Joint
- Size 36.42*12.99*4.29inch
- Fretboard Material HPL
- Nut Width 1.69-inch
- Nut Material PPS Material
- Neck Width(0-12fret) 1.7-2.11inch
- Neck Shapes Flyneck
- C shape(1-12) to U shape(12-)
- Neck Material Okoume
- Charging Port Micro USB 5V1A
- Connecting Cable Micro USB(to A) Cable
- Battery Capacity 2500mAh/3.7V 18650 Lithium battery
- Freeboostâ„¢ Power 5W8Î©
- Pickup System Power 1.6W
- Pickup System/Preamp L2 FreeBoost
- Color Walnut / Frost White
- Weight 3.75lb
At Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12-point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets to manufacturer factory specifications. Any request made outside of manufacturer factory specifications can incur additional charges for parts and labor. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.
Acoustic guitars and ukulele are made of wood, and wood is sensitive to changes in climate. Shifts in temperature or relative humidity can affect your instrument in multiple ways, some of which can lead to costly repairs if you’re not careful. Solid woods in particular are especially prone to the effects of climate fluctuation. For example, extended exposure to low relative humidity (below 40% RH) can dry out the wood, causing it to shrink and run the risk of cracking. Similarly, excessive humidity can cause the wood to absorb moisture and swell, potentially causing other problems. Without adequate humidity control (especially in drier local climates), acoustic instruments can crack and their necks can warp, causing problems with fretting, intonation and playability.
So how do you prevent this kind of damage? Easy: by keeping your guitars and ukulele properly humidified (ideally between 40-60% RH). The easiest way to do this is by storing your instruments in a case with a case two-way humidifier inside. A two-way humidifier will slowly absorb or release moisture inside your case, maintaining humidity to help ensure your instrument doesn’t suffer damage. Using a digital hygrometer can help you monitor humidity levels around your instrument.
Symptoms of a dry acoustic instrument:
- Low action. Strings are very close to the fretboard.
- Hump on the fretboard where the neck joins the body.
- Sunken top across the soundboard between bridge and fingerboard.
- The back of instrument looks very flat when it is dried out.
- Sharp fret ends extend beyond the edge of the fretboard.
- The plane of the neck angle on a dry instrument hits above the top of the bridge.
Symptoms of a wet acoustic instrument:
- High action. Strings that are unusually high off the fretboard, making it difficult to play.
- Unusually swollen top
- Unusual warp on the top, back or both at the end-block
- Improper neck angle. Sighting the neck to the bridge, the frets will appear to hit below the bridge.
Using patented technology, the D’Addario Two-Way Humidification System features disposable, moisture-filled packets with a breathable membrane that provides two-way humidity control, meaning it can either release or absorb moisture to consistently maintain a predetermined relative humidity (RH) level of 45-50 percent.
Music Nomad the leader in equipment care products, has developed an easy to use, no mess, and low maintenance Ukulele humidifier. The Humilele rests securely on top of the strings to safely and evenly hydrate your Ukulele to avoid these problems.
Final Notes on Humidity Control
To monitor the amount of humidity your instrument is receiving, we recommend the purchase of a digital hygrometer, a device that gauges and provides a read-out of humidity levels. It can be kept in the room where you store your instruments, or, better yet, in a central location inside the instrument case, preferably Velcro’d to the outside of the accessories compartment (facing the heel). The optimal range for your guitars and ukulele is 45-55% RH.