THE EVOLUTION OF A MODERN CLASSIC
Katana MkII takes the acclaimed Katana guitar amp series to the next level, turbocharging the core platform with more sounds, more effects, and more features. Newly voiced variations are now available for all five amp characters, doubling the tonal options. And the onboard effects categories have been expanded from three to five, providing even more real-time processing to choose from. The usability has been ramped up too, with a power amp input for modelers and multi-FX, updated editor software, and many other enhancements.
More Sounds, More Versatility
The stage-class Katana MkII lineup picks up where the first generation left off, building on the same core tones and features that have made the series such a worldwide smash. If you loved the original Katana amps, you'll love Katana MkII even more. And if you're new to the party, get ready for sound, feel, and versatility that soars far beyond its price class.
Five Amp Characters, Ten Overall Tones
Katana MkII's five primary amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds, plus a dedicated voice optimized for acoustic-electric guitar. The characters have now been extended with newly voiced variations, providing a wider palette of tone options to craft your personal sound.
Five Effects At Once
Katana MkII now includes five simultaneous effects categories, putting the tone-shaping power of a massive pedalboard right inside your amp. Independent Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb sections come loaded from the factory with three variations in each, providing 15 ready-to-play effects to choose from.
One-Touch Recall Of Custom Setups
One of the Katana-50 MkII's most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp character and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. After you've dialed in a sound with the panel controls, simply save it to the desired memory with a quick button hold.
Ready-To-Mix Direct Tones
The Katana-50 MkII features USB and phones/recording outputs with mic'd cabinet emulation, letting you send mix-ready amp tones to a computer DAW or headphones. The direct sound can be shaped with three different Air Feel settings, which are accessible from BOSS Tone Studio. Two-channel USB operation is supported, allowing you to track in true stereo with many of Katana's modulation, EQ, delay, and reverb effects.
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay, and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing, and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers, and multi-effects
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern, and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic'd cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with three Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Rear-panel connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
- Rated Power Output: 50 W
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm), AUX IN: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- Speaker: 30 cm (12 inches) x 1
- Controls: POWER switch, MASTER knob, POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5 W, 25 W, 50 W), [AMPLIFIER]: VARIATION button, AMP TYPE switch (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN), GAIN knob, VOLUME knob, [EQUALIZER]: BASS knob, MIDDLE knob, TREBLE knob, [MULTI EFFECT]: BOOSTER button, MOD button, FX button, DELAY button, REVERB button, TAP button, BOOSTER knob, MOD knob, FX knob, DELAY knob, REVERB knob, [TONE SETTING]: CH1 button, CH2 button, PANEL button
- Indicators: VARIATION, BOOSTER, MOD, FX, DELAY, REVERB, TAP, CH1, CH2, PANEL
- Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, POWER AMP IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type, REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type, EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type, USB port: USB B type, AC IN jack
- Power Consumption: 47 W
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Power cord
- Options (sold separately): Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7
- Expression pedal: Roland EV-5, BOSS EV-30, BOSS FV-500L, BOSS FV-500H
- Width: 470 mm, 18-9/16 inches
- Depth: 238 mm, 9-3/8 inches
- Height: 398 mm, 15-11/16 inches
- Weight: 11.6 kg, 25 lbs 10 oz