Inspiring, Intuitive, and Instant
With the i3 Music Workstation, your musical themes and phrases catch fire and quickly explode into complete ready-to-play productions. Grouping sounds, beats, and parts together by Sound Set and Style Performance Set streamlines the creative process, providing a shortcut to choosing the right sounds and pulling together the right beats and grooves. On-board effects and EQ tailor the sound for any performance. The sequencer records, saves, and plays both MIDI and audio files – you can even play along.
Self-contained, simple to use, and fun to play, the i3 is the ideal synth for the budding composer, the energetic performer, or the inspired up-and-coming producer. Using battery power, the KORG i3 Music Workstation can run wherever you run; a convenient auto-power off function preserves battery life.
Form Follows Function
The KORG i3 is a full-featured Workstation featuring 61 full-size, velocity-sensing keys. The keyboard response is adjustable using the three touch-curves; a fourth setting provides a fixed output level. OCTAVE buttons shift the pitch of the keyboard up or down by two octaves, in octave increments. The professional joystick allows real-time articulation of pitch bend, vibrato, and brilliance during performance; an additional two-band EQ (Low and High) provides a final adjustment to the overall tone.
It all Starts with the Sound
The i3 is endowed with decades of KORG sound design expertise. Inside you’ll find nearly 800 instrument sounds created with critical precision by master programmers and musicians. This includes a complete GM2 sound set, providing flawless General MIDI compatibility. Add to that another 59 custom Drum Kits, and you’re talking some serious sound.
Get it Together
You’ve got ideas. You’ve got some hooks. You’ve got some grooves. You’ve even got a few lines of splashy rhymes. The KORG i3 is the Workstation that can help you put it all together. Style Performance Set is a recommended sound set for each styles. For example, it is effective to switch between A-Melody, B-Melody, Solo, and so on.
Save It. Share It.
Compose it. Play it. Record it. Share it with the world – or just your closest friends. The KORG i3 Music Workstation offers a number of ways to capture your creative output so it can be saved, edited, or shared. All of the settings used to create a song or performance – Sound Set settings, Tempo, Effect settings, etc., can be saved into a single Set List location for instant recall. There are 10 banks of Set Lists, each with 5 locations.
Alone, On Stage, In the Studio
The KORG i3 Music Workstation features plenty of connections and performance options on the rear panel to satisfy any situation. When not running on battery power, the i3 can be connected to a suitable AC power source using the included adapter. A stress-relief hook is molded into the rear panel.
- 61 keys
- Touch control: Soft (light), medium (standard), hard (heavier), fixed
- Sound generator
- Sound generator: Stereo PCM sound generator
- Maximum polyphony: 64 voices
- Sounds: 790 sounds, 59 drum kits (including a GM-compatible sound set)
- Sound sets: 200
- Style performance: 270 styles × 4 set
- Keyboard part: 2 stereo digital multi-effects
- Accompaniment part: 2 stereo digital multi-effects
- 173 variations
- 270 styles
- Style control: 2 intros, 4 variations, 2 fills, 1 break, 2 endings, synchro start, tap tempo
- Audio player: Supported formats: MP3 (44.1 kHz, 16-bit), WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit)
- Supports real-time recording
- 16 tracks, 999 songs maximum
- Data storage capacity: 100,000 notes (999 songs)
- Supports song play (playing the keyboard while playing back a song)\
- Supported formats:
- Playback: SMF (Standard MIDI File) format 0 or 1- Recording: Original format (a function is available to convert and output to SMF0)
- Demo songs: 3 (songs + sound introduction)
- Scales: 11 types (including user scale)
- FOOT CONTROLLER jack: 6.3 mm phone jack (half-damper not supported)
- AUDIO IN jack: 3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack
- OUTPUT L/MONO, R jacks: 6.3 mm TS phone jack (unbalanced)
- Headphones jack: 3.5 mm stereo mini-phone jack
- USB TO DEVICE port: USB Type A port (for connecting a USB flash drive)
- USB TO HOST port: USB Type B port (for connecting to a computer)
- MIDI OUT connector: For connecting to MIDI tone generators and other devices
- MIDI: Supports MIDI OUT, USB MIDI
- Display: Customizable LCD with backlighting
- Power supply:
- Power adapter: AC adapter (DC 12V, )
- Batteries: AA batteries (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride) × 6 (sold separately)
- Battery life: Approx. 8 hr. (when using alkaline batteries)
- Power consumption: 6W
- Dimensions (W × D × H): 1,037 mm × 296 mm × 80 mm/40.83” × 11.65” × 3.15”
- Weight: 4 kg/8.82 lbs. (excluding batteries)
- Included items: AC adapter
- Accessories (sold separately): PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch, DS-1H damper pedal, EXP-2 foot controller
- 61 Key Keyboard Cases and Bags*
- Keyboard Benches
- Keyboard Stands
- Sustain, Damper and Expression Pedals
- Keyboard Amps
- Studio Monitors
- Powered PA speakers
- Keyboard and Piano Books
* These are suggestions Only - Not all Cases will fit all 61 key keyboards. Please be sure to check the product measurements listed for the keyboard versus the bag capacity listed on the bag product.