For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. Embraced by bassists over the decades, the iconic series continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body and perfectly matched electronics.
The SR400EQM is a handsome 4-string bass designed for the advanced player. A stunning Quilted Maple adorns the bass, Nyatoh body. Other features include a sturdy 5-piece Maple / Walnut SR4 neck, a Jatoba Fingerboard, and an Accu-cast B300 bridge for superior string vibration transfer and precise intonation. Cosmo Black hardware adds a hint of stealth.
At the heart of the SR400EQM?s electronics are two PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups. Their stainless pole pieces offer higher output, clarity, and fullness than any in the SR400?s class. Accessed by the 3-way, Power Tap, switch, these proprietary pickups offer a choice of three tonal personalities: A rich humbucker sound, a pure single-coil sound, or an enhanced single coil sound, fattened by lows from the humbucker pickups. Add the ability to dial in precise tone preferences via the Ibanez Custom 3-band EQ, and the SR400EQM is a musical chameleon.
- Accu-cast B300 Bridge: The Accu-cast B300 bridge affords precise intonation and delivers string-to-body vibration conductively.
- PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups: Developed by Ibanez, the exposed pole pieces of the PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups produce a stronger signal, and increase the response of the higher frequencies without sacrificing low end. The result is a tone rich in harmonic detail and dynamic expression.
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/3-way Power Tap switch: The 3-band EQ works in conjunction with a coil tap switch for maximum control over a wide variety of professional bass tones. Tap Mode (single coil) creates a punchy, dynamic sound with superior articulation. Series Mode (humbucking) delivers a full, warm tone, and Power Tap Mode provides the best of both worlds-combining the clarity of the single coil with the fat bottom end of the humbucker.
- Jatoba Fretboard: Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
- neck type SR45pc Maple/Walnut neck
- top/back/body Quilted Maple top Nyatoh body
- fretboard Jatoba White dot inlay
- fret Medium frets
- bridge Accu-cast B300 bridge
- string space 19mm
- neck pickup PowerSpan Dual Coil neck pickup Passive
- bridge pickup PowerSpan Dual Coil bridge pickup Passive
- equalizer Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/3-way Power Tap switch
- hardware color Cosmo black
- This Bass does not come with a case or a bag
- Scale : 864mm/34"
- a : Width 38mm at NUT
- b : Width 62mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19.5mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21.5mm at 12F
- Radius : 305mmR