The RG is the most recognizable and distinctive guitar in the Ibanez line. Three decades of metal have forged this high-performance machine, honing it for both speed and strength. Whether you favor a hardtail (fixed) bridge or our industry-leading locking tremolo system, the RG is a precision instrument.
The Ibanez Genesis Collection reflects the origins of the RG line; utilizing the same design and styling, paired with precise construction and Japanese craftsmanship. This series is a tribute to Ibanez’s past, delivering the same paradigm shifting features and heavy-hitting performance of the original RG.
- Super Wizard 5pc Maple/Walnut neck - The Super Wizard 5pc Maple/Walnut neck provides extra-smooth playing.
- Maple fretboard - The Maple fretboard provide crisp, bright highs and strong upper mids.
- Jumbo frets - Jumbo frets contribute to smooth playability, especially for single-note playing.
- Basswood body - The Basswood body delivers a natural and flat tone.
- Infinity R / V8 pickups - Ibanez Infinity pickups deliver an accurate and tight sound with excellent dynamics. Even under heavy settings, they do not lose tonal clarity.
- Gotoh® machine heads - Gotoh® machine heads provide super precision, smooth feel, and minimal back lush.
- Edge tremolo - The masterpiece Edge bridge offers exceptional tuning stability, precise intonation adjustment, and playing comfort.
- 5pc Maple/Walnut neck
- Maple fretboard
- Basswood body
- Jumbo fret
- Infinity R (H) neck PU
- V8 (H) bridge PU
- Edge tremolo
- Black hardwares
- Gotoh® machine heads
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.