If Ibanez holds the most iconic name in metal, then the RG is certainly the guitar that built this reputation. Every inch of this classic screams speed, fury, and expression.
The RG421 sports a Jatoba fretboard for warm, yet well-defined tonality. As the originators of the thin, fast neck, the Wizard III is yet another achievement in player comfort, comfort that translates into maximizing player performance.
Proprietary Quantum pickups round out this metal mammoth with an entire palette of thick, distorted tone textures that retain high-end articulation. A simple, yet solid fixed bridge provides stable, dependable tuning and accurate intonation.
- Jatoba Fretboard: Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
- Quantum pickups: The Quantum pickups provide accelerated bass response for exceptionally fast tracking of high-speed staccato riffing with crushing mid range and precise high-end articulation.
- neck type Wizard III Maple neck
- top/back/body Meranti body
- fretboard Jatoba fretboard White dot inlay
- fret Jumbo frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge F106 bridge
- string space 10.5mm
- neck pickup Quantum (H) neck pickup Passive/Ceramic
- bridge pickup Quantum (H) bridge pickup Passive/Ceramic
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D'Addario® EXL110
- string gauge .010/.013/.017/.026/.036/.046
- hardware color Cosmo black
- Guitar does not come with a bag or a case
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR