Ibanez has remained the strongest name in metal guitars because of the outstanding playability and peerless performance of Ibanez instruments. From carefully selected materials to pro-level hardware and high-profile electronics, every detail is deeply considered and designed. The Ibanez High Performance series delivers high-end performance and road warrior dependability.
The RG420HPAH features an exotic Ash body top and a Nyatoh body back which create a truly mesmerizing visual aura and a warm, yet expressive, tone. A Roasted Maple neck has been heat-treated to increase the wood‘s stability and durability. It provides a well-balanced note attack and tone with rich sustain. A Jatoba fretboard and jumbo frets offer effortless fingering up and down the full length of the fretboard. It has luminescent side dot position marks to make it easy for players to see fretboard position marks when performing on dark stages. DiMarzio® Fusion Edge pickups, the amazing product of a collaboration between DiMarzio® and Ibanez, provide great clarity and a very smooth response, that satisfy the current demands of players in today’s progressive metal scene, in combination with the 3-way pickup and coil tap switches. A Double Locking tremolo bridge provides exceptional tuning stability and playing comfort.
- Jatoba Fretboard: Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.
- Coil-tap switch: The coil tap switch adds sound and tonal variations for both pickups.
- DiMarzio® Fusion Edge Pickups: Through close collaboration between Ibanez and DiMarzio® Fusion Edge pickups have been engineered to produce a powerful, distinctive tone with a crisp, cutting high end, and a tight, compressed bottom end, minus any muddy mid-range.
- neck type Wizard IIIRoasted Maple neck
- top/back/body Ash topNyatoh body
- fretboard Jatoba fretboardWhite dot inlay
- fret Jumbo frets
- number of frets 24
- bridge Double Locking tremolo bridge
- string space 10.5mm
- neck pickup DiMarzio® Fusion Edge (H) neck pickupPassive/Ceramic
- bridge pickup DiMarzio® Fusion Edge (H) bridge pickupPassive/Ceramic
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- strings D'Addario® EXL120
- string gauge .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
- nut Locking nut
- hardware color Gold
- This guitar does not come with a bag or a case
- Scale : 648mm/25.5"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 24F
- c : Thickness 19mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 21mm at 12F
- Radius : 400mmR