The new models of the Ibanez Performance Series represent a strong focus on sound quality and performance at an excellent value. With over 50 years of experience to draw from, the new Performance Series models of 2014 will raise the bar on what can be expected from an economical, entry-level instrument.
The PCBE12OPN is a Grand Concert body style acoustic/electric bass with a spruce top and Okoume back and sides, providing a well eq'd balanced tone. While the Open Pore Natural finish enhances the instrument’s natural beauty, it also contributes to the sound quality. Thick, heavy finishes can impede the vibration of a guitar’s body, “choking” the instruments tone and projection. The lightly applied natural Open Pore finish optimizes sound vibration and allows the bass to realize it’s full sound potential.
The new Ibanez AEQ -202T preamp is specifically set to tailor the frequencies of a bass and allows operation of the built-in tuner without the instrument being plugged in. The PCBE12OPN also features a tortoise rosette, chrome die-cast tuners, rosewood fretboard and bridge, with Ibanez Advantage bridge pins for improved tuning stability.
- body shape Grand Concert body
- top Spruce top
- back & sides Okoume back & Okoume sides
- neck PCBE Maple neck
- fretboard Laurel fretboard
- bridge Laurel
- inlay White dot inlay
- soundhole rosette Tortoiseshell
- tuning machine Chrome Die-cast tuners
- nut material Plastic
- number of frets 20
- saddle material Plastic
- bridge pins Black with white dot
- strings Ibanez IABS4XC32 Carbon coated
- string gauge .040/.060/.075/.095
- string space 19mm
- factory tuning 1G,2D,3A,4E
- pickup Ibanez Undersaddle
- preamp Ibanez AEQ-2T preamp w/Onboard tuner
- output jack 1/4" output
- This Bass does not come with a case or a bag
- Scale : 810mm
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 58mm at 14F
- c : Thickness 21mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 23.5mm at 7F
- Radius : 400mmR
- a : Length 19 1/4"
- b : Width 15 1/4"
- c : Max Depth 4 1/4"