For over 30 years the relationship between George Benson and Ibanez has resulted in some truly elite hollow body guitars. Now, as the first Signature Model of the new Ibanez Artstar Series, a more affordable version of the LGB30 has arrived.
The Artstar Series consists of high quality instruments for the working professional musician and the Benson model serves as an auspicious debut.
The LGB30 includes a Spruce top with Flamed Maple back and sides, 3-piece set neck, Ebony fretboard, Bone nut, LGB30 custom tailpiece and gold hardware. Highlight features that really let the LGB30 shine are two Ibanez Super 58 pickups, the Artstar fret edge treatment (for a fast, smooth feel). LGB30 includes a hardshell case.
- Gibraltar Artist bridge: The Gibraltar Artist bridge, made of a light weight Aluminum bridge frame and Zinc saddles, provides natural tone, rich sustain and tuning stability. The low positioned saddles promise comfortable playability.
- Ebony Fretboard w/Artstar Fret Edge Treatment: Ebony produces a tight low end and mid-range with a defined high end attack. It also delivers quick response and rich sustain.
- Sure Grip Knobs: The Sure Grip III knobs are designed for precise control with nonslip functionality, along with smooth and classic looks.
- Super 58 Pickups: The Super 58 pickups deliver smooth, nuanced tones along with a crisp, biting growl.
- neck type LGB303pc Nyatoh/Mapleset-in neck
- top/back/side Spruce top Flamed Maple back Flamed Maple sides
- fretboard Bound Ebony fretboard Acrylic & Abalone block inlay
- fret Medium frets Artstar fret edge treatment
- number of frets 20
- bridge Gibraltar Artist bridge
- string space 10.5mm
- tailpiece LGB30 tailpiece
- neck pickup Super 58 (H) neck pickup Passive/Alnico
- bridge pickup Super 58 (H) bridge pickup Passive/Alnico
- factory tuning 1E,2B,3G,4D,5A,6E
- string gauge .011/.015/.022w/.030/.040/.050
- nut Bone nut
- hardware color Gold
- Hardshell case included
- Scale : 628mm/24.7"
- a : Width 43mm at NUT
- b : Width 56.3mm at 20F
- c : Thickness 20mm at 1F
- d : Thickness 22mm at 9F
- Radius : 305mmR
- a : Length 19 1/2"
- b : Width 15 3/4"
- c : Max Depth 3 5/8"
Here at Easy Music Center, we care for our instruments from the moment they arrive to when they ship to your door. All instruments are stored in a climate controlled environment and put through a 12 point inspection checklist before being shipped.
First, we check the finish of the instrument, carefully inspecting any blemishes on the surface. Next, we check the playability and setup by inspecting and adjusting the truss rod (if available), bridge, nut, and frets. If the instrument has electronics, we test all of the electronic components to make sure they are functioning properly.
After a thorough inspection, we then move on to maintenance. We start by lubricating any moving parts on the instrument, such as tuning machines. We then move on to cleaning and oiling the fretboard along with the frets.
Once maintenance is done, we stretch and tune the strings and play test the instrument. After this, we do a final inspection and clean/detail the instrument before packing it up for shipment.
We’re excited to be a part of your instrument buying experience.